Problem starting up new build pc

alright people,

I have just built a new pc from scratch and turned it on and i've surprised myself because it has turned on properly. But I have had problems booting windows from a cd. The computer will reach the boot menu when I press f11, but the computer doesn't managed to pass the black screen with the flashing line in the corner.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem may be?

Cheers for your help

Joe

Yeah I'm able to change the order and it does boot from the CD straight away, but still stops at that screen with the flashing line in the top left. The disk spins when it's on that screen, but stops after a few seconds???

Which Windows version are u installing? And which motherboard/ CPU combo?

Does the CD have any flaws on it?

I'm installing windows 7. I tried to see whether it was the disk which was the problem, by trying to start-up the comp with an old xp disk, but the same problem remains.

I have an asrock 4 core glan 1600 motherboard and a dual core intel processor...

It sounds like the computer is shitting just as it tries to access the hard drive, so make sure the hard drive is connected properly and shows up in the BIOS.

Nice one, I tried re-plugging it in and plugging into another socket, but still no luck. The reason I decided to re-jig my computer is because my last one caught a nasty virus. Could the virus stop me from accessing my hard-drive???

Cheers

Nice one, I tried re-plugging it in and plugging into another socket, but still no luck. The reason I decided to re-jig my computer is because my last one caught a nasty virus. Could the virus stop me from accessing my hard-drive???

Cheers

Nah to my understanding, as long as the harddrive is in good shape you can wipe it clean and just reinstall.

I had an older computer that I literally ran to the ground. It had viruses on it... but I destroyed the harddrive by keeping the computer on 24 hours a day (since electricity's free in college dorms) and also maxing it out at about 5% free space for a long period of time. So... when my friend tried to wipe my system clean, we couldn't reinstall Windows to the harddrive... i kept getting a blue screen.

Perhaps you may need a new harddrive? I'm not a computer guy though, so that's just a guess.

Back