Pro Tools Fail

MafiosoWG

I'm trying to record an external device in pro tools synced with mtc. I can't record or get any playback when it is in - audio track. I get playback when it is in - instrument, or in - aux tracks, but of course, cant record. I have tried messing with i/o and switched between auto input monitoring and input only monitoring. It should be as easy as creating a new audio track, making sure its on right input, then record. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Edit: Also I have tried using a mic instead, still no sound in - audio track.

Last edited:
1. This is YOUR fail... Not pro tools. Don't blame your problem on the tools.

2. Plug the AUDIO OUTPUT of your device into the AUDIO/MIC/LINE INPUT going into pro tools with the input on your audio track set to be whatever channel you are plugged into. No AUDIO is transmitted through MIDI, by the way.

3. Maybe you'd get more responses if you didn't use nearly black text on a black background... If people can't read it, they can't respond.

Ok wise guy. Of course it's my fail... in pro tools. I've done what you said already, pardon me for not being clear, even though I thought i was. Im plugged out of device, in to - modio . modio is plugged to monitors. Device is on line 3-4 on modio. i/o is on 1/2, but i set i/o 3/4 to be seen as 1/2 in settings. i make a new audio track and put it on channel 1/2... i get no sound. i put it on channel 1/2 on midi or software track, i get sound but cant record of course, already said that.

so what i want to know is, where can i turn on input monitoring for individual audio tracks, because i tried using auto input monitoring and its not working... or is it something else im doing wrong.

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

nvm i got it now Biitch

What's the deal with some people?

Too proud to show humility when at fault. Quick to blame others. Don't appreciate the truth. Sigh.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

How you gonna diss the same person ur askin for help? Grow up.

"wise guy"? I gave very matter of fact answers without even a touch of sarcasm...

(although maybe "wise guy" is a compliment since it is coming from someone named "mafioso" :) )

But I am glad he figured it out since his second post explaining his problem makes even less sense than the first post.

Back