Pro Tools 11

P. Casso

Audio addict
Has anyone else upgraded yet? Have you run into any issues?

People have been having issues with iLok. I haven't had any issues with this but I do have info to help anyone that does.

***this thread is intended to share helpful info so no random ranting please...

I'm still using LE 8 and an M-Box 2. Lol. I've feared upgrading because everything is exactly how I want it running smoothly. Every year I plan on upgrading with the next release and never do. Just hit me that I'm 3 releases behind now. Guess it's time to upgrade.

Still on 10.3.4 and don't plan to upgrade.
Might be a few more years because like deRanged said things are running smoothly and just how i
want them or when they decide to either support vsts/vsti's or come up with a decent adapter.

Peace

Last edited:
I'm still using LE 8 and an M-Box 2. Lol. I've feared upgrading because everything is exactly how I want it running smoothly. Every year I plan on upgrading with the next release and never do. Just hit me that I'm 3 releases behind now. Guess it's time to upgrade.

I know exactly what you mean. Once something is running smooth updating can be a bad idea.

I have made the jump, so far so good. I do want to WARN anyone that doesn't already know. With anything make sure you check out everything before jumping. They have a new plugin format (AAX). Pro Tools 10 used both AAX and RTAS but PT11 is AAX only.

**Warning: PRO TOOLS 11 WILL NOT WORK WITH RTAS PLUGINS. AAX ONLY.**

I have pt 9 m powered with a m audio profire 2626. I am looking to get the upgrade but I don't see a protools m powered 11. Will the regular version of 11 work with my interface? And if so how much does it cost to upgrade. There are so many different prices I feel like lol

I have pt 9 m powered with a m audio profire 2626. I am looking to get the upgrade but I don't see a protools m powered 11. Will the regular version of 11 work with my interface? And if so how much does it cost to upgrade. There are so many different prices I feel like lol

Upgrading from M-Powered will cost $399.

Avid Pro Tools 11 (Upgrade from M-Powered) | Sweetwater.com

As said above your interface will be perfectly fine.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

**Also updaters beware AAX32 that was compatible with PT10 is not compatible with PT11 (AAX64). Double check your third-party software before upgrading. However it is possible to install PT10.3.6 on the same machine.

Thanks for the info fellas, I usually skip a version then upgrade, so looks like I'm heading down to guitar center and grabbing me a copy.

Back