POST YOUR METHOD**ending all newbie threads

Play the song from the beginning and move the Send fader as you like (or use the send Mute button). (Or, you could switch to the Edit window and draw it in as automation. Do what feels most natural for you.)

Im not alone, I do the same thing. Add more emphisis to end word or phrases i might want stressed. Havent did it in awhile. Cant wait to get home from this war and start some real recording/mixing. All i got over here in Iraq right now is this cheap omnidirectional dyanamic mic, and I have to use alot of noise reduction. There is an airconditioner in the background. haha, but im just doin rough drafts for now.

Up'n

Last edited:
to da dude dat asked bout adobe, i got version 2(its da same if i remember correctly)...on the left where the record and mute buttons are, theres a button thats says sumthin like [01S] (whateva ur soundcard name is here), click that and go down to mono then click either [01m] or [02m], then that track will be mono, then go back and the same way and click apply to all audio tracks....that should help......

^^ Twilight Zone Post of the Day Award ^^

Have you read the manual?

Hey I have a zoom mrs-4b and the mixing on it can any1 explain how do i make a good track on it if im sendin the beat from the computer to the multitrack! In other words im sendin the beat to its own song right!? And Im gonna have to get the vocals on its own lil song from the mic I plug into the mrs-4b and then mix it down on the computer with the cool edit 2.... In other words is there any better way to get better sound quality on a cheap mrs ok thats all i want to know can some1 plz respond~~~Sorry if this is too off topic ok!~!~!~!~!!!!

got a question....I record with pro tools and say I have a rapper or two on a track...after recording I go into the mix down...could I bus all 3 to 4 takes of one rapper's vocals to an aux track and run it all through the same eq compressor and whatever else...? or would it be better to assign each track it's own eq, compressor, etc?? would this work or not work for an R&B singer as well? Thanks

heres how to get your shyt sounding perfect..................................................................................................PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

I'm useless at mixing vocals :(

I get the compression all wrong... i'm still learnin how to use the bleedin compressor... lol

I'll get it soon, just gotta keep the compression to a minimum i guess. Getting vox to sit in the mix is a headache :(

Cruel Hoax said:
Well, you know that you set up your delays on an Aux Input track, right?

Do you use aux tracks for all plug-ins or just certain ones? And why not just put the plug-ins on the track itself?

Back