PMP Track Dumps

illapino

At pmpworldwide when you submit your tracks via track dump, what exactly happens? The A&R plays them all and keeps them stored as mp3s on his PC forever, meaning they could seep out to online traders perhaps? Or maybe be secretly passed on to some other seemingly unrelated artist on someone else's roster or country where you wouldn't know that it was being used? ...

?

This probably should be a question that you should ask some of the staff at PMP.

They don't actually force you to submit anything and advise you to copyright your material.

I just think it's good that it's there...

illapino said:
At pmpworldwide when you submit your tracks via track dump, what exactly happens? The A&R plays them all and keeps them stored as mp3s on his PC forever, meaning they could seep out to online traders perhaps? Or maybe be secretly passed on to some other seemingly unrelated artist on someone else's roster or country where you wouldn't know that it was being used? ...

?

scaredy-cat.jpg

LevLove said:
LMAO chase u'se a fool!
Scared money don't make money.
LevLove

WORD. I would dump my joints anyway...you stand to earn way more by dumping. If you aint depending on these beats to eat, then I say play on. I put my joints out and let em ride.

Besides, what do you lose if someone creeps one of your tracks?

ONE

The people that can hear your songs on SoundClick or Myspace can jack your songs.

I always thought that if I was a sampling beatmaker... I'd just sample unknown beatmakers and use they shyt... they don't have the resources to fight it out in court... or none of that.

Anybody with a $25 SoundBlaster soundcard... can jack your beats by recording what their PC is playing... take that and chop it up in Recycle... and you've been JACK'D

I jacked a dude on here and posted a hotter version of his song.

It was for fun though just to show that people that upload anything anywhere should be ready to deal with jacking... or tag the hell out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
here we go with the PMP debate again.

It's like saying God/Jesus on here. It really pisses people off for some strange reason.

Most people don't realize that nobody has ever stolen their beats, lol.

A few people on FP have been jacked.... deservedly - because they had good music.

Think of it as an honor and learn from it. You copyright your music so if makes it onto the radar enough that you find out about it... you do what you have to do.

When that dude was rapping over my beat with the tags and everything in it... I felt honored and sent him the real beat...

What is he going to do with it? I haven't heard of him or heard the beat anywhere... I hope he had fun at his local talent show and got some chicks.

Last edited by a moderator:
my bad.........

How does the PMP protect against plagiarism?

The PMP system is designed as a streaming system rather than a download system. Users must stream music from their IP address in order to hear the track. (tracks submitted to the Track Dump will be downloadable)

i must have missed the fineprint.......

j.troup said:
here we go with the PMP debate again.

It's like saying God/Jesus on here. It really pisses people off for some strange reason.

My Theory - Because sites like the PMP exposes the wannabees that say they want 'it' but are just fronting. Now the game is moving its processes online and that's disrupting the "playtime" most people be on. If it's real (and i judge that by being in the industry and personally knowing who ****s with sites like the pmp) then it will either be loved or hated. I think more sites like the pmp will pop up addressing different aspects of the music business...fakers beware lol

Strictly on the technical issue of a discreet file vs a stream, it makes no difference (although there may be a quality difference.) A stream (audio, video, audio/video) can be downloaded without much hassle.

biggrome said:
I jacked a dude on here and posted a hotter version of his song.

and where did it get you? youre here posting about it.

as for everyone else with an actual direction in life who is wondering about this..

they download the beats you submit, burn them to the cd and take them to the studio or wherever the artist is at. (generally speaking)
stop worrying about some one hurting the career you dont even have yet
nothing negative will come out of a major artist using your beat.
anybody who is so broke they have to record ur mp3s to rap over will not get far enough to blow up and leave you behind.

as for the site, the a&rs are real. they do check submissions and even listen to beats you may not have submitted (listen, not download)
but pmp will not make you a star. i see it as placing an ad in a paper.
given the choice id rather put gas in the car and head out to meet these people because face time is more valuable but that tiny ad might help out here n there.

man i wanna hang out with a guy who can just show up and meet A&R's face to face. you got connects like than then you right you dont need PMP.

Last edited:
DjayCas said:
and where did it get you? youre here posting about it.

Is that a dis, lol?

Cause you're here reading about it. I didn't say it got me anywhere, I was just showing that anything you put up can be jacked... or did you not read that part.

... and no I have never heard of you.

You want the recipients of the track dumps to download your beats.

This way they can actually record vox to them, and if the song comes out good, they will buy the session from you to replace the 2-track and mix properly.

Back