Pmp or giving the artists the track free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Musicfiend this wasn't directed at you.

WHAT?

I rather have my tracks going against the bullshit cause when they get to my shit I can shine even more so.

Plus Nothing beats free, when the same service is offered.

Please, you just want your standing so you can stay on that front page.

What is crazy is that you advertise yourself as the first non major producer, then when they listen to your music, It doesn't add up to the other major people you now featured with, you lose.

Cause the quality of your music doesn't stand up to... who they put you with. Being real. :o

The only tracks you have sold on the page is the Deanna Dukes track.

So Whatever.

Youkeep convincing these kids to pay to sell their beats.

And when they comeback and say I only (hopefully sold a beat)

The balance sheett evens out with how much they payed to play.

Call it "PRODUCER PAYOLA" is a better term for it.

YOU GUYS JUST DON'T KNOW IF YOU KEEP LISTENING TO GUYS LIKE THIS YOU ARE GONNA PISSED LATER ON.

There are so many oppurntunites out here that are free and sponsored by major labels and major artists.

QUIET BEING CRAB IN A BUCKET

don't even call me a groupie...

Troup isn't a salesman for PMP, he just helps people. He has sunday night breakdowns where he breaks down the whole track and tells you all the Vsts, he tells you his techniques. He is good people. come to think of it, I learned a SHIT TON about mixing from him, I learned some recording techniques from him, he even rates peoples tracks every wednesday more thurroughly than you'd get on FP. He has been a big help, and that's all he is tryin to do here.

I think its about time someone said thanks Troup. :cheers:

did he help yout take a piss too? GTFOH

rather i'm gonna get the GTFOH...

You guys deserve to have your money taken from you.. Seriously.

Last edited:
don't even call me a groupie...

Troup isn't a salesman for PMP, he just helps people. He has sunday night breakdowns where he breaks down the whole track and tells you all the Vsts, he tells you his techniques. He is good people. come to think of it, I learned a SHIT TON about mixing from him, I learned some recording techniques from him, he even rates peoples tracks every wednesday more thurroughly than you'd get on FP. He has been a big help, and that's all he is tryin to do here.

I think its about time someone said thanks Troup. :cheers:

If that was a thanx, then you're welcome. Whether it's 2 people, or 2 thousand people, I just wanna help people grow the same way others have helped me grow.

There are plenty of ways to get there, I can only be an advocate of what's worked and hasn't worked for me.

No hidden agendas, no nothing. I give people the real, raw and uncut.

figured i might as well instigate im bored. big ups to troup tho he has helped me alot on fp and with his streams. soon as i get the money imma get em to work on my tracks for release

@ Teacher

Do you think in this age where the cost of creating music, promoting and marketing are all near zero is the issue producers spending money or is it finding the correct ways to reinvest back into their business brand? Your assumption that everybody should be looking for the 'free come up' is EXACTLY why the urban music is in the financial devaluated state it is.

The day you ask someone else to invest in the same product your unwilling to do so yourself is the day you fail, period. If you think the established producers (that already have gold and platinum credits under their belt) are on the PMP simply to 'submit music' when they already have 'access' then you really don't have a clue of what's going on in the business or the concept of a business marketplace (Production MARKETPLACE). But I guess they don't know what they're doing and neither does the industry professionals or the 11,000 registered buyers do...but 'Teacher' does.

Yes we all agree that producers should be aware of rip-off scams but that's not to say there is a problem spending money on yourself when the entire BUSINESS was built off of self-investment...."teacher".

And oh by the way since your on the anti-pay wave where is your big rant against the Soundclick FREEMIUM business model ???

What are you really trying to teach? Lets break it on down....

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Where you at Teacher, lets see what you REALLY know about the music business right now in 2010...O LETS DO IT!!!!!!

Last edited:
yes lets go

First you came into a fight you aint ready for.

I am not against investing in yourself.

That's retarted. But there are smart ways to do it.

Hip hop has a ghetto mentality. Whereas woking with other genres its different.

I am constantly sending information to artist producers and singers about oppurtunites that are cost effective and are sponsored by major brands.

**** opinions, where you results at. I back my up by giving away information. FREE.

PMP is basically a Producers Payala. It is not the only way. Its a clever way for middlemen to see a new business oppuntnity and capitalize on their experience in the music biz.

If it wa just that other record labels and managers would not being using free services. PERIOD.

They would just use those paid services. They don't.

You just have opinions about what you experienced..

Last edited:
yes lets go

First you came into a fight you aint ready for.

I am not against investing in yourself.

That's retarted. But there are smart ways to do it.

Hip hop has a ghetto mentality. Whereas woking with other genres its different.

Dude, i does this everyday for living so this is just exercise trust me. Ok so if investing in the PMP is not a smart investment explain why AND give alternative investment options. And lets not go with the 'spend money building your own website' 101 basics

And I will give you my reasons why it is

It is mine also.

The difference is I already proved My freinds list was getting info everyday.

EVERYDAY. Ask anyone on that list what the deal is with me.

While guys on here were fighting and gossping I was hipping them up to free opps. It was funny, caus they would watch you guys bash me while recieving a come up lol

Last edited:
I didnt know paying to promote and market yourself would be considered PAYOLA...maybe you need to understand the difference between setting up shop in a marketplace and a music submission/evaluation service before you make your critique.

Can we just agree, that there are alternatives out there people should look out for instead of playing video games, IF they are serious about this?

30 beat submission emails on a day IS WAY MORE than it was a few years ago, because back then people would say, you can not send in material if it's unsolicited. Now you have major rappers themselves going on video and telling people to send in, giving evidence, for the authenticity of the email.

Times definitely have changed.

I didnt know paying to promote and market yourself would be considered PAYOLA...maybe you need to understand the difference between setting up shop in a marketplace and a music submission/evaluation service before you make your critique.

I said I called it a "Producer Payola", when the service is being offered for free by the same companies elsewhere.

You should know this if you are in the business.

Submit songs to DreMckensie on PMP or

or submit it FREE HERE:

www.dremckenzie.com

http://www.thisis50.com/profile/TheHitLounge?xg_source=activity

That major labels are using free srevices to have artists producers contact them directly.

YOU OLD ASS NIGGAS ARE BUMS FOR PISSING ON THESE YOUNG PRODUCER WITH YOUR FAKE HUMILTY

Last edited:
The no#1 issue in the urban production community is not the lack off so-called opportunities but finding out ways to rebuild value back into what they're skilled at. The 'come-up' approach that you think your providing is actually part of the PROBLEM, there must be filters created to seperate the play time from the real time and the PMP is an example of that. The 'VIP' section of Soundclick is another type of example of that. Notice the end results of each.

When the labels jerk producers out of their royalties on a regular basis why dont we get the big rant from teacher??? If all of this is more about your e-beef with Troup than it is anything else then we can drop it right here

man please,

the #1 issue is hating niggaz.

You are fighting a guy that say opps are free.

Think about it. Does that make any damn sense

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

**** philosphy, where are the hookups man

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

RIGHT NOW!!!

The first 20 members that pm me gets a ****in hookup FREE!

F these philosophy wanna be ass Niggaz.

AMWAY SELLING ASS NIGGAZ

Last edited:
I said I called it a "Producer Payola", when the service is being offered for free by the same companies elsewhere.

You should know this if you are in the business.

Submit songs to DreMckensie on PMP or

or submit it FREE HERE:

www.dremckenzie.com

http://www.thisis50.com/profile/TheHitLounge?xg_source=activity

That major labels are using free srevices to have artists producers contact them directly.

YOU OLD ASS NIGGAS ARE BUMS FOR PISSING ON THESE YOUNG PRODUCER WITH YOUR FAKE HUMILTY

You still dont get what a business marketplace is do you? When you figure that out get back to me cause you THINK you know what your talking about when in fact you don't know much at all - the most dangerous type of 'captain save a producer' there is lol. Professional producers are more concerned with RESULTS than spending money.

Where is your hookup for the people dollaz

**** the philosphy talk... Where are the results

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

I just said I got mine to back up my talk.. Give the people something. :carnageFP:

Since I dont understand the marketplace.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

All they got to is pm me.... Simple..

They get something way more beneficial to them then just some nigga talking like he budda

Last edited:
Professional producers are more concerned with RESULTS than spending money.
One problem is that investing into music takes MORE than you get out.

High investment <=> low outcome = "bad business" (which is a vague term)

Just being able to make SOME money off music takes so many RESOURCES (time, money, effort, stress, risks etc.) that it almost does not make the outcome worth.

But they say the ones with the passion will stick through it even after everyone else is jumped out because they thought there's no money to be made.

Similar to the stock market when a low is coming (where people jump out) there comes a high afterwards (where people who stuck through it profit off).

Last edited:
Artist - Why pay for your beats when I can get a instrumental from the next guy for free?

Label - Why pay the artists any advances/royalties when I can get a desperate sucker just looking to 'get on' for free?

Consumer - Why pay for this song on iTunes when I can get it free off of a illegal P2P or on-demand stream it on You Tube?

Your 'free' perspective is part of the PROBLEM, not the solution. So your actually part of the problem but you come in this forum like your doing the community such a justice yea alright then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back