Please help me setup my MPC with my audio interface

dbb

I just got my e-mu 0404 audio/midi interface, a 1/4 stereo cable with 2 ends on one side, and 1 end on the other side.

I went ahead and installed all the drivers for the interface, disabled my onboard soundcard since I won't need it, hooked up my speakers into the back of my interface, and then went ahead and connected my 1/4 cables in STEREO out into the both left/right slots, and then connected the other side to the L output on the interface. I figured as long as it worked, I would still get some sort of sound out of my MPC, but I get nothing.

I'm honestly confused, can anyone please help me, here are a few pictures of the back of my interface, and the wires i have, can someone help me out, I feel like this is so basic but I can't find anything on google, maybe because I can't phrase it correctly but I really tried and can't get it to work

NVM, I can't add links that's just great

my signature should have the picture link in it!

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

bump for signature edit, didnt come up on original post , maybe this will work

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

i know in the manual it shows that i need a mixer in order to get the sound, but tweakheadz page noted that my e-mu 0404 audio/midi interface would do just fine, but i dont get it.. I'm setting up my stereo wires on the MPC, and then on my interface theres really only 2 places where I could connect my 1/4 to and one of them is a headphone jack... the other one is right next to my speakers jack...

Does this mean I'm going to need a mixer after all or am I just confusing myself? Would appreciate if anyone here could help me

* maybe theres a setting on the MPC, pad 8, but I've been messing with all of this stuff and cant get the sound to work, my headphones get the sound on the MPC INSTANTLY, so it cant be that complicated. My audio interface is connected straight to my speakers, I get the sound, everything is working, but I Just can't get the sound to come out of my MPC from my speakers and there is absolutely nothing on google or in the 4 manuals that I'm trying to read........

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

haha I plugged in a pair of extra speakers into the headphone jack and it worked fine, then what is the stereo part for on the back of the MPC if i dont even need those wires to get the sound? Is that like a part of a connection that will help establish the MIDI connection between a keyboard or something?

Im so confused lol what is going onnnn glad i fixed that problem though

Last edited:
Use the diagram in the MPC manual and eliminate the mixer from the diagram. Its not that complicated.

Back