Please help I'm about to buy but need opinions!

J

josh4rock

I'm about to buy a vintage korg 01w fd to learn the ropes and produce rnb/jazz for 300$. Does anyone know if this synth is good for that? is it still sought after? This would be my first real synth btw.

Ya I got you the first time you don't help much

---------- Post added 03-14-2013 at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-13-2013 at 04:49 PM ----------

BUMP! for l8ta

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Anyone know is this is still valued? I also have a korg dss1 that I've not used(no disks, power cord) figured they'd go well together.

Used to be probably the most popular workstation of its time...but frankly, it's gonna be a bit dated by today's standards - that is, if you put it up against the current crop of workstations. That said, I'm sure there's a lot of usable sounds in there still (it's been about 15 years since I last touched one, so can't really remember). Not sure if I'd be willing to pay much anything for one these days, though...the programming interfaces of those 90s workstations are pretty awful.

Back