Please help FP ... IM TORN

thapunisher4

Whats good FP... Im torn between software and hardware. I have been researching for months and trying to figure out what i truly want and need. I use to have a mpc 1000 then upgraded to a 2500 and love it to death. I feel so comfortable on it!! but i had to sell it about a year ago because i needed the money at the time. After i sold it i went strictly sofware with vst's and fl studio. I have got really comfortable with fl studio and software now. But i miss the mpc soooo much. Now that i have been saving for about a year now i have the money to do a serious upgrade. I am thinking on getting my mpc back and getting a motif or phantom OR just getting a module and a nice mac and use logic! I dunno which way to go, i have searched numerous post on FP and im still lost. I think what i like about software the most is the piano roll. Becuase if you mess up you can delete notes or its easy to copy a pattern to a new instrumental for layering. Will i be able to do that sequencing on the mpc? I am lost and i just love the mp.. but software seem so easy now, BUT it slows my workflow down soooo much (unless one of this programs auto quantize like the mpc? it just seems like using fl studio i have to move my drums all over to get them right i mine as well draw them in to start with lol.... please help me out and give me some input... THanks alot!

theres so much preference in this its hard to really say what u should do. it sounds like you love your mpc and you miss it but you like the convience of software. what do you miss about the mpc? is it the sequencer or is it the quick editing? the pads? working in the machine vs being on a pc? If it were me Id probably just grab another mpc and use vsts with it or something.

i like the mpc becuase of the sequencing. It seems so much quicker and easier! and im so familiar with it. But i like being able to edit midi notes in piano roll in fl studio. Can you edit the midi note data in the mpc like that? I have never really got into that part of the mpc. But i will forever use software, even though i hate using the mouse to click thru my different vsts/instruments. It just takes so long and on a keyboard its just right there in front of you. I would really rather use the computer/software for my mixdown and final touch/effects. I guess the only thing thats really killing me is the piano roll feature in fl studio. I love being able to delete the keys that i didnt mean to hit .. etc...

thanks for the replies fellas... keep giving me input, i love it

Back