Pitch Shifter help (Logic)

Sabelo93

Hey, is there any way to change the pitch without messing with the quality and making it sound that weird wobbly sort of effect?

cuz whenever I use pitch shifter in logic It gets wobbly as soon as I pitch it up. I guess this is because I don't speed up the sample I just change the pitch.

but is there any way to pitch it up without speeding up the sample and still not **** up the sound quality?

another way of doing it is in the sample editor, click the factory tab and choose time and pitch machine, you can repitch in cents with this. And in my opinion it doesn't destroy your sound quite like the pitch shifter!

It may also depend on the plugin... some do it better than other IMO.

Studio One's internal pitch shifter is pretty good.

The best one i've used it Waves Soundshifter. Works really really good... nice and accurate. I Also use PitchWheel from QuikQuak, but it isn't as smooth. But sometimes.. that's what i want lol.

aite thanks

another way of doing it is in the sample editor, click the factory tab and choose time and pitch machine, you can repitch in cents with this. And in my opinion it doesn't destroy your sound quite like the pitch shifter!

If I do this I would have to do it before I load it all into my ESX24 sampler right?

Just one more question, is 100 cents equal to 1 tune in ESX24 sampler? or 1 semi-tone in the pitch shifter?

I believe so man, and 100cents is the interval between each semitone, a twelth of an octave.
i.e +100cents = +a semitone.

The best one i've used it Waves Soundshifter. Works really really good... nice and accurate. I Also use PitchWheel from QuikQuak, but it isn't as smooth. But sometimes.. that's what i want lol.

I second this. its super smooth sounding and doesnt sound all gritty even when you push up an octave. Logics bundled pitch shifter is garbage.

Ive used Soundshfiter to completely alter voices honestly. Especially with taking a young female's voice and making her sound like a grown, mature woman. Or.... during a dude into a little kid lol.

Had one female poet that I wwant to sound like a queen for a few phrases..... [Insert Soundshifter]... dropped it a few notches... doubled w/ another one dropped a few different notches.... and holy smokes!!! All hail the Queen

Yep, its one wicked plug. That, center, and the "L"s are my favorite from waves so far..

Back