Pitch help - Reason

EnvisionZ

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to sampling, actually i've just finished chopping the samples of my 2nd sampled beat. Anyways, I was playing with my chops trying to find some good ones in the NN19, and when I turned the knob on OSC down 1 semitone, it slowed down to what I feel like the perfect speed is. The problem is the tone I guess, I think it sounds good, but I've messed with the semi tone before and one of my friends (a producer) could tell, and he said it sounded like it was pitched wrong.
So is using that knob a no-no? I already know you can't timestretch samples in Reason or Recycle, so I know that's pretty much out of the question unless I get another program to do that for me. (what programs would be good for that?)
So basically I was just wondering like.. will that semi-tone knob make the sound worse when it pitches it down?? Like off tune or off pitch? Or is it fine to use that knob if it gets the sample to the correct speed?

Thanks

Your friend doesn't know what he's talking about people pitch like that and have done so for years. Also Reason 6 has time stretch.

DO what YOU like, what your "Producer" frined said is just an opinion. At the end of the day, its still your creation. I sample thru Recycle, just getting the chops right. Then pitch it either fast(high) or slow (low) then dump it into Reason.

Back