People still chasing Meek Mill placements are wasting their times

gescajadillo

and to think 10k is alot of money to get paid an album, might as well just make money as a touring DJ instead. The point is I don't see why many producers are putting themselves stuck in a box solely just making generic beats for mainstream rappers. I understand its supply and demand but most songs you hear are barely authentic and memorable. I think some people aren't paving their own lanes and just being yes mans to other people. Why am I going to make another "house party" track for Meek Mill when thousands of producers are exactly going to do the same?

Last edited:
and to think 10k is alot of money to get paid an album, might as well just make money as a touring DJ instead. The point is I don't see why many producers are putting themselves stuck in a box solely just making generic beats for mainstream rappers. I understand its supply and demand but most songs you hear are barely authentic and memorable. I think some people aren't paving their own lanes and just being yes mans to other people. Why am I going to make another "house party" track for Meek Mill when thousands of producers are exactly going to do the same?
Niggas lazy.
Its easier to put minimal effort into doing what everyone else is doing than to truly stand out and build a real brand. For example, peep how many posts here asking how to sell their beats. I guarantee every one of 'em has the same story-a soundcloud/soundclick, a facebook page, a website, a youtube, even a myspace......and thats it. And they wonder why they have problems standing out from the crowd or getting their cookie-cutter beats to sell. Niggas just too dumb to recognize market oversaturation when its right in their faces.

It's supply and demand bro... I talk to A&R's and some specifically want strictly party tracks or their really not tryna hear it... It's supply and demand

exactly why most A&R's today are a joke and the worst people to take advice from, they aren't risk takers enough to find something innovative for their artists. Money is good but longevity is also important.

Last edited:
Back