People need to start being more honest with this forum

DeadAsDisco

k well . alot of people on this forum *with all do respect* blow smoke up peoples asses in return for positive feedback on their shit. theres so much more to this producing shit then sitting on this forum and saying "oh yeah thats cool" or "this is dope man" and then posting your shit--disregarding what you did or didnt listen to. like it pisses me off whether your just doing it for a hobby or your taking it serious. if i or someone else post something that blows or doesnt make me feel anything. someone should constructively tell that person, without saying it ****ing sucks, how to make it better. most of us when we make a beat, we get the idea in our head and it sounds great but when it comes to showcasing it, it doesn't come out the way you think it does on other peoples speakers as opposed to yours when you think the mix is clean when your speakers are cranked up all the way. thats the whole point of this forum is to give people intelligent feedback so they can go fix it to where its right so they can go and show their friends and post it on facebook or whatever. eq, compressors, and effects arent there for nothing learn how to use them. and have a god damn reference track.
there's talented people on this forum but we all need to tell each other honestly how to improve. tell me for the people that listen to some of the shit that gets posted on here that when you seriously tell someone their shit is dope let me lay out a scenario for. ok so say your djing a party, you would feel comfortable playing that track infront of a bunch of people. ill answer it for you. no. cause youd get a ****ing bottle thrown at your head, which i hope one day happens to those who write "i run future producers" as their topic posts. i hope your reading this cause if you ran anything, you wouldnt be on this forum. this websites called future producers not the producers, its to help people as kind of a focus group. its not for assholes to say they run shit or people who dont take this shit seriously. my point is to be honest with people and help each other out with feedback and look at in a different way. take into consideration if its something you would listen to with other people/ something that is unique and you couldnt hear from anyone else/ or wait for ittt. something thats creative.

For those who make cool shit on here. love ya, ill like your shit on soundcloud all day and give you my honest opinion
For those who say "i run future producers" take a rusty spork and stab yourself in the balls and then delete your account

Lol, i never liked the whole f4f concept which is why I don't participate in it, i see some people are honest sometimes but most of the time f4f just means "You lick my ass and I'll lick yours in return" No one grows that way

I agree, but there's not much that's going to be done about it.

I personally aim to give constructive criticism when I'm feeding more than anything.

Last edited:
haha @theessentialz. glad some people agree with me. i know nothings gonna be done about it but hopefully im not gonna have to rely on this website for listens much longer

^^ yeah,

there's still some decent people running around leaving feed though ... If I ever run across anybody's music I usually leave a paragraph detailing what I did/didn't like.

I agree. i hate the bullshit feedback some users are dishing out, just to funnel more views to their own work. I try to avoid that conduct at all cost, i leave criticism 100% of the time when i reply, or i dont bother.

Bingo. The F4F sh!t is wack. It's the same as a follow for follow on twitter..gets you nowhere. I remember not long ago I'd have some of my beats just torn apart by the more talented heads and engineers. That actually helped. I still will drop some feed when I get a moment and when a post deserves it. But most are looking to augment views, not exposure and relationships. I met a few of the mc's I make music with on here.. Use it right and it pays dividends.

As for sellmybeats.net, I doubt you be leaving that much feedback around these parts with your whole 5 posts lol

"Bingo. The F4F sh!t is wack. It's the same as a follow for follow on twitter..gets you nowhere. I remember not long ago I'd have some of my beats just torn apart by the more talented heads and engineers. That actually helped. I still will drop some feed when I get a moment and when a post deserves it. But most are looking to augment views, not exposure and relationships. I met a few of the mc's I make music with on here.. Use it right and it pays dividends."

*good for you bro. thats what its about, building relationships and showcasing your self the right way. this shits all about business

Last edited:
*good for you bro. thats what its about, building relationships and showcasing your self the right way. this shits all about business

Right! But it's not all business, what's cool too is there are tons of people here in the same shoes and you go back and forth with folks just as obsessed with this as you haha. That's why I used to love the beat battles they had here a while back.. they'd toss you a sample, and like 15 dudes would have a go at it.. it was pretty cool!

I think the idea behind f4f is not a bad one but like you all said, too often people are just giving nice feedback to get a nice feedback back…and like you all said, that's damn wack….but I guess the idea behind f4f is to make people participating on the forum and help each other and not just giving candies to get candies back….

Back