PC's are on the way out, Macs are taking over

V

the new macs out lately are so much better than any PC. Apple has always made a better computer, but now that so many companies are switching to mac's and with OSX emerging as one of the best OS's ever the PC world is going to have a really tough time competing. especially with macs moving into the business world of computing now. PC's learned how to make their computers from apple and they sort of stole the market from apple in the late 80's. i think PC's are getting their karmic payback now and apple will finally get a few corners of the market

that's funny. Let's start up the whole Mac vs. PC thing now. Everybody, join in!
Give it up! Both platforms have their pros and cons. No need to start the timeless debate and waste valuable bandwidth.

seriously what is the problem?

my PC isn't crashing since windows 2000 Pro came out. I am not dissing macs... I have one (os 9), it crashes just like any PC with an older windows.

so what is the deal?

Again, no crash here... Win2K Pro on a partition, and WinXP pro on the other boot/partition.

Mac's

Yeah Mac's are wicked....

But PC's are the way forward man....Even though Macs are a bit better at the moment a competitive market is going to push forward the development of kick arse PC's over the next few years.....The new AMD Xp chips which kick over a P4 at nearly half the price are testiment to that.....And with Windows XP living up to expectations it seems that a stable Hugely fast PC is just around the corner....

Some people are gonna still wanna have a Mac that is nice to look at....and they will keep their 5% marketshare for sure.....But for me, I will save some money and get a whole bundle of expensive plugins some extra-memory and maybe a dual processor for the same price.....

Peace,
Madness

That's an interesting point of view V, but if that is really the case then can you explain to me why more PC's are showing up in the bigger recording studios that for a long time were Mac dominated?

3%-5% market share for apple...yeah shut the **** up...macs aint goin anywhere...

and im not gonna buy into this elitest psuedo counter culture image that apple has instilled in you mac zealots

you use mac...great....you use pc...great...you get music made...youre my hero

MRT1212 said:
you use mac...great....you use pc...great...you get music made...youre my hero

i like that :)
yep... who cares youre using atriton, an MPC or a Virus B... a PC or a mac... making music is the goal here, the tools are JUST tools!

Congratulations !! :D

As Mano says, the PC/Mac dilemma is a little outdated, since the newer Windows versions (2000 and XP) seem to be quite stable.

I consider this thread item as "passé". I think a more interesting question nowadays is the question desktop / laptop.

Peace !! :cheers:

Still there is no better looking computer than the powerbook. Wahwahwahhhmmmm...

For best looking computers...Macs have definitely held that position for a long time, but the PC world is starting to catch up. I've seen some great cases coming out in the past year.

Clear ones...it's like the visible man....
Neon ones, that light up....that look like it's was advertising the peepshows on forty-deuce back in the day in NYC.
Black cases, these things are the ****, they're black and silver, with five fan ports.
and my personal fav....
my old Graffiti case...I used to take whatever was my next case to build a new computer in, and I'd go nuts with my Krylon, Red Devil, airbrush, and Sharpies...trust me, there is nothing that gets you in the mood to create then looking at a brand new computer case that looks like Lee, Zephyr, and Doze had a paint war on it. I used to have it sit on the top of my computer desk...the thing was great! I really have to start doing that again...it gave such great character to my computer....Maybe I'm going to go nuts this weekend and I'll post the outcome next week.

Anyways back to this debate....I'm a fan of towers over laptops. Laptops, though portable, aren't as expandible, and are more prone to havig things get broken.

I know every laptop lover will jump down my throat about USB and Firewire, but lets look at USB and Firewire. Overall...USB, is slow compared to IDE and SCSI1 and 2(especially 2) but improving with USB2 . Firewire is better, but still needs to speed up a little more.

PCMIAs are a fantastic expansion mode, the only problem is that most laptops only have one expansion slot, and I have broken a couple during recording sessions when I'm running around, don't slide the card in all the way, and then crack it when something hits the card.

I like being able to rip open my computer, rip out the guts and "rebuild him....smarter....faster....stronger....nnnneeeennenenenenenenenene"

I'm sticking with my Tower for now....but the minute they start making laptops that can be folded and stuck in my pocket like a wallet...I'm there.

Cammy77 said:
For best looking computers...Macs have definitely held that position for a long time, but the PC world is starting to catch up. I've seen some great cases coming out in the past year.

I suppose I could agree with this if they weren't doing it to compete with the beauty of apple. That's what kills it for me. With out apple, you'd all probably still be typing onto command lines. "Luna"? this is a classic example of M$ ripping off Apple (ripping off their "Aqua" interface) Windows? What an original name for an operating system. To be honest I don't care what computer I use, but I think microsoft really try to ffucck anything over.
The thing is though, if apple did go bust, then where would microsoft go to get their ideas? It's really weird that when you see one thing that apple does, wait a year or two, and then m$ will introduce it. It's happening all the time.
Firewire is better, but still needs to speed up a little more.
Firewire has the ability to send down a cable faster than your average disk can write.

I like my mac because it works, it does what I want it to, I know it inside out etc etc. Same could be said for a windoze machine if I started out on one. But maybe I'd secretly know that macs are the coolest cool computers, and I'd secretly want one.

Marek Bereza said:

The thing is though, if apple did go bust, then where would microsoft go to get their ideas?
They'd probably just hire the unemployed Apple guys!
;)

Don't think they'd really want to go and work for M$. Who would? Unless your some sort of square.

I don't mean to be bad, but despite the fact that they've got squillions of dollars, and they still make gaay adverts, and crap gui's. Maybe they should pay someone with a bit of style to sort it out for them.

You know that ad: Suddenly Everything Clicks - in London they put this huge poster of it up near a big train station in the city, and then some vandals 'edited' it from bits of other copies of the poster to make it say:

Suddenly Everything Sucks

That made me laugh

you ARE aware that Microsoft is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, owners in Apple, right?

Yes they bought something like $150 million of shares a while ago. It made sense to, because if apple does go bust, then they will have no one to copy.

I have always been using pc with cubase, sound forge, power sampler card, scsi hard drive, sampler, hardware synths and never had any problems. so, as they say don't fix it if it ain't broken. any way good luck 2 all mac users.

Back