pc, sucks is a laptop much better?

bulgarianprince

I have been struggling with my pc for a while now and was wondering if it make sense to buy another PC or just get a laptop and are there any limitations to useing one? I think I know the answer everyone will give, but I just want some feedback to know for sure. Im guessing going with a mac is a much better idea, but the money is crazy, even on used.

Laptops are for little girls, build a tower.

What are you going to do with only one hard drive in your laptop load your samples into whatever limited RAM you have or rock an inside-out system with hard drives hanging off cables just so you can do DFD audio streaming?

Pro studios rock tower systems and where people get shit twisted is they look at the brand of the tower then buy some consumer grade Apple product because they can't afford a Mac Pro, so instead of seeing the tower system they only see the badge, to me it's the equivalent of buying a FIAT 3P thinking it's going to be awesome because the same company owns Ferrari.

Last edited:
if you have to money to get a custom laptop build and you need to be mobile then go with a laptop
otherwise tower for sure
12gig of RAM,i7processor,thunderbolt motherboard this what I'm looking to get and it's an business expense

HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | INTERVIEWS
Would you like to be interviewed have a special skill such as audio engineering/sound design,licensing expert,SEO expert
please contact me for a interview
One free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve​

Laptops are for on-the-road production tasks and performances.

Build a tower as holland suggests. My current machine is a 64-bit ready machine with 4gb of ram, 1 2TB drive and 1 1tb drive, an internal DVD+R-R burner with LightScribe capability and an internal blu-ray burner. I also have a dual monitor video card and a pair of matched ASUS 20" monitors. I am running it as 32 bit XPSP3 and have no issues with audio or other unless I am running several cpu hungry vsts at once.

You might also consider the Carillion series of music computers

wow, now those are things I never cosiderd

yeah, makes sense, im not roaming all over the place with a laptop anyway. seem very limited as far as useability because of everything being internalized and connections are also limited I guess. thanks guys, i never would have thought of that stuff. I want to upgrade my tower now I think, getting slower and useable by the minute anyway.
id like to know what the most cost effective way to go about this.

I still have to run it by the "I don't get it, you already have a computer,a laptop and an i pad" why would you need it? lol

Desktop > Laptop

I built my tower. It's seriously not hard to do. You just need a screw driver and an hour or two of patience

AMD Phenom, quad core 3.2GHz. Overclocked to 3.8GHz thru the BIOS. No hiccups whatsoever.
16 GB RAM, 1 x 80GB SSD drive, 3 x 500GB 7200rpm HD, Lightscribe CD/DVD burner, Radeon 5450 video card, AsRock motherboard, PCI Firewire card w/ texas instruments chip.

All of this for around $650 total about 2 years ago now. CPU, RAM, motherboard, tower etc came from newegg.com. I grabbed the hard-drives used from Craigslist.

Back