Ozone Delay in FL Studio [ FIX ] (allows for individual Ozone track effects)

Sanchez K

Okay, so I've looked in many threads to try and find the solution for this - although no one has really seemed to have hacked it, and wanted to share the solution.

I wanted to tighten a kick using ozone, so that it was completely mono. But when using Ozone it created a ~23 millisecond delay that threw the timing out completely. I played around for a while in the mixer to try and resolve this; and eventually came to a fix for this annoying delay that Ozone creates through processing.

Firstly, click the options tab next to the red "bypass" button for the selected ozone effect.
This options panel will appear:

2.jpg

Click on "Delay Compensation" and take note of the number of samples following Total System Delay. For me, this value was 1074.

Next Create a send or a channel, and route everything except the channel that has Ozone on it to this channel (this wont work for a master, although master delay is never an issue timing wise). I routed everything except my Kick to this channel.
You will also have to un-route these tracks from the Master bus.
5.jpg

After you have done this, click the little clock button on the send that everything is routed to, and set in samples the amount that was noted earlier. I entered in 1074 samples manually.
6.jpg

And there you have it, you can now use Ozone for individual tracks for EQ, Reverb, Exciting, etc.

Reply if this helped you, I'd appreciate it!

And check out my Soundcloud too:
soundcloud.com/sanchezk

Back