One set of monitors; two sources

tinyjams

First post! Sorry if this has been clearly answered - I searched and didn't find a solution to my problem exactly. If this has been addressed, my apologies, point me toward the correct thread.

I recently purchased a new computer - iMac 27" that I want to use for Logic/Ableton production.

I want to use the computer with my KRK Rokit 5s. I'm currently using the monitors for my DJ setup at home - A Rane TTM56 with a Serato SL1 unit and a Macbook.

I'd like to use the monitors for both the DJ setup and on my iMac for production work without connecting/disconnecting any cables. I don't plan on using the new iMac with Serato, but keeping my old Macbook as a DJ setup only machine.

Is there an audio interface you'd recommend that would help me achieve this? Everything I've been looking at it's hard to tell if this outcome is possible. So far I have no interface to connect the the iMac to use with the KRKs at all - I'df like to buy one piece of equipment if possible, I'm open to suggestions for other ideas as well. :cheers:

I definitely want an interface to use with the monitors on the production machine.
I was hoping there may be an interface that would accommodate both sources, so I wouldn't have to run another piece of equipment though the chain ie: the switchboxes mentioned... does this exist?

Thanks for the response.

not in the way that you want to manage it

ps the switch boxes are purely passive affairs so there is no amplification maybe only a little loss due to moving through the copper connecting in to out - i.e. signal degradation is marginal if any

Back