Ok...MPD 32, Can I Sample Vinyl???

B

Black_CJChilds

Can I sample Vinyl from the MPD 32 into the Computer.

And can I take the sounds I sample from my vinyl into the computer and save them?

Thanks alot.

Cause I'm contemplating buying a MPD 32 pad to go along with my computer, and most likely a keyboard....thanks alot.

The MPD is a controller, you can't record into it like an MPC, you control the sounds within the computer using the MPD.

And yes you can record into your computer with a TT as long as you have a phono preamp.

I wouldn't go buying anything until you understand what they do.

Thank You...

So let's say I have use FL....I would need the sounds already set in order to use it?

Well.....brother man

This is what I need.

I need a pad controller that I use sample vinyl into....and use FL as a sequencer as well.

I need tracks...so I can turn down indivdual ones at the right times.

I'll be buying equipment soon, so I need to know what to get.

Cause I am a major turntable enthusiast.

And I love sampling vinyl into the pads...I have just a keyboard and FL.

I love FL as a sequencer and the sounds.

I just need a machine where I can take the FL sounds, put them into a machine...and take some vinyl sounds...put them into a machine, use em together.

Then, save all the sound on the computer if need be.

And also I need a keyboard.

I'll be buyign equipment soon, so if you guys can help a brother out with his needs, it'll be appreciated.

Thanks alot.

1 love.

A machine where I can chop up and cut and trim samples on as well...i prefer to be able to trim samples from both the vinyl and the computer and save them from the machine into the computer. again, i use fl 8, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black_CJChilds said:
Thank You...

So let's say I have use FL....I would need the sounds already set in order to use it?

Well.....brother man

This is what I need.

I need a pad controller that I use sample vinyl into....and use FL as a sequencer as well.

I need tracks...so I can turn down indivdual ones at the right times.

I'll be buying equipment soon, so I need to know what to get.

Cause I am a major turntable enthusiast.

I just need a machine where I can take the FL sounds, put them into a machine...and take some vinyl sounds...put them into a machine, use em together.

Then, save all the sound on the computer if need be.

And also I need a keyboard.

I'll be buyign equipment soon, so if you guys can help a brother out with his needs, it'll be appreciated.

Thanks alot.

1 love.

A machine where I can chop up and cut and trim samples on as well...i prefer to be able to trim samples from both the vinyl and the computer and save them from the machine into the computer. again, i use fl 8, thanks.

You need a MPC, or some other SAMPLER. With a MPD, the sound never leaves the computer. You don't load anything into it. It's like a tv remote. You program it to work with your system, then it just triggers.

honestly, it sounds like it does what you actually want, but i think you don't understand what you want.

The MPD triggers sounds in FL. So if you are sequencing in FL, and using sounds in FL, the MPD will control FL. It won't have sounds in the MPD, the MPD doesn't do audio, but it will let you control FL sounds (or any samples you record and load into FL).

The MPD is nothing but a MIDI keyboard with pads instead of keys.

You don't do anything with it besides control your software.

Personally I'd never get one because it costs too much and there's really no point having it unless you really want the pad hitting experience. Everything in FL that and MPD can trigger can be done with a keyboard, or your typing keyboard and your mouse.

So IMO there's really no need to have an MPD.

^^^I see it now...is just shiny, lol...

Man, I'm buying a MPC 2000XL!

Or just buy the MPD and record the sounds to your computer. You're not really gaining anything by recording straight to the MPC unless you want to work without the computer and/or use the MPC's sequencer.

You know what...I was looking over the MPC 1000 and because I know I'm going to use keyboard and alot of hardware once I get the financials, I'm going to buy a MPC 1000...therefore I can transfer sounds to and from both the computer and the machine. And I can really work the pads..and most importantly, I can sample vinyl!!!!!!

^^^Sampling vinyl is the most important feature to me.

So now I can get the MPC 1000, then upgrade my computer from 216 MB to 516 MB or more, and increase the hardrive a bit later.

Once that comes to, I'll eventually invest in a keyboard. Should I invest in an ASR? I'm thinking Sound Modules soon as well..but then there is sampletank.

But question.....how do you use multiple sounds in sampletank?

And for the sound modlues....ah....that's enough.

1 love. thanks alot.

Peace.

I'd hold out as it seems you're not entirely aware of what equipment can do and what pieces you need.

Before I started producing I was researching for a bit on these boards and I thought I needed an MPC too. Now I'm glad I didn't get one.

You can sample vinyl on a computer. The only thing you need compared to an mpc is a soundcard and a computer program. Seeing how you make music with FL, that means you have both.

I'm tired of sitting at a computer all day though...I prefer to just have the program open and do my sounds and such on a machine.

so i can take the vst's and use them on the machine sounds, and sequence it on the computer...then take the computer sounds and use them on the controller...of course in conjuction with the sounds i store from vinyl as well.....which machine is best for this feature???

thanks.

Black_CJChilds said:

an mpd WON'T be that machine, as stated, it's just a controller. you'd do the samplin in FL, not the MIDI contoller. get a better understanding of what your trying to do before you start buyin sht and posting threads here like "i can't save sound onto my pad controller, help". a midi contoller is just that, it controlls midi, the sounds are gonna be recorded and stored in FL. thats it. if you want a machine you can record sounds into, it's called a sampler, look it up and get familiar. maybe what you want is an MPC, not an MPD. learn the difference. even tho you are muy confused, it sound like all you need is an MPD (since apparently you are bent on akai products for some reason) and FL8. thats it. read up on just those 2 and find out if they do exactly what you want before you purchase either. but from what it sounds like you want to do, thats all your gonna need. hope that helps.
so lets recap, shall we? all you need is FL8 and an MPD (i'd suggest some keys in there somewhere, either get an MPK {since ur bent on akai} or the mpd and a keyboard). your gonna sample/record your sounds into FL, then sequence/control the sound in FL with your MPD/MPK, and thats it. there is no recording/storing/saving sounds to a pad CONTROLLER, stop sayin that and stop thinkin it, it can't be done. all sounds will be stored in FL, (in your case) hope this helps.
LevLove

The MPD comes with Abelton Live Lite4. With that you can do pretty much everything. You get one of the cheap USB Turntables from best Buy for about $100. Then you can sample into your PC, then take your sounds over to Abelton or to FL.

Black_CJChilds said:
thanks alot, peeps, i'm buyin a mpc 1000.

Just my 2 cents from a dude who has owned multiple peices of gear. Back in 2001 is when I would say I really got into beat making. I had one of the earlier versions of FL studio. Before I really understood all that it could do, I got into the hype of "if I only had this....." 7 years later, I have owned 3 mpcs, a mv8000, motif rack, a protues 1000 & a mophatt. I have sold all that stuff and right now am rockin a laptop w/ fl studio 8, a edirol keyboard controller, and I have a Korg PadKontrol that on its way to me. I am not trying to tell you what to do, but I would find a way to sit down with an MPC and see what its all about before you spend your dough. I see you say that you sit in front of a pC all day, but trust when I sat staring at that little ass MPC screen aint easy either!!!

Kid Beats said:
So IMO there's really no need to have an MPD.

The main reason I bought a pad controller, is to have more control over my drum playing.
Alot of basic stuff can be done with a keyboard, but triggering fast drum rolls is better accomplished with a pad controller.
Now you can edit all of that in with the piano roll, but when you want to turn off quantize, and leave that drum roll the way you played it.........That is when a pad controller is handy.
No an mpd 32 is not a must, any ol' pad controller will do the trick.

thanks everyone...and gotti man, how much? cause i think im good with just fl for right now....only reason i would get the mpc....i dont need it now.....right now i need a mixer to record my vinyl into the computer...so im starting to understand what i need. thanks everyone for your support and help.

and yo, myspace is the ****!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/christiancordero

they updated the freak out of it.

Back