ok im new to producing and i would like to learn how to make beats

doctor ronnie

ive bought some stuff already and i need help u have a m audio oxygen 49 a i buypower gaming computer and also ableton live 9 lite but i don't know how to make beats with this thing

Your first mistake was not researching what you need in relation to your experience, or lack of, regarding music.

Do you have any prior experience playing and/or reading music e.g. notation, theory, etc.?

Your first mistake was not researching what you need in relation to your experience, or lack of, regarding music.

Do you have any prior experience playing and/or reading music e.g. notation, theory, etc.?

ive done some research on music theory enough to know to how to count bars in 4/4 time signature but no prior experience playing music.

Start asking as many questions as you can. Nothing is going to be given to you. At your level, you're going to have to start asking a lot of questions. With research, time, and practice, you'll be putting out some good tracks!

watch youtube videos, google particular questions you have ex: how to mix 808s then read all the articles that pop, hop on youtube do the exact same thing, then go into your DAW program and work on whatever element it is you looked up. Give it some time and the more concepts and information you grow to learn and understand, the better youll get. This is pretty much what I have done/do.

Also if you have friends who do the same thing work with them in person and ask them questions/watch them do their thing you will learn something guaranteed

Back