oh no, this was a bad idea

Actualy that's the problem. I do talk about music and I love music and I love hip hop. Despite your ignorance of not noticing, I do post about music a lot and that's why I DO care. I do care because I, amongst others, don't want to see this place turn into mini-worldstarhiphop. Idiots like you with dumb opinions and empowered ignoramuses taking over with their encouraged lameness.

If you just think about it ahead into the near future it's obvious how it will play out and will ruin the balance that was this community and many people agree with that.

The mods don't have to do what one or two people with no foresight and no comprehention complain about. So what if some people whined about wanting an off topic? The mods should do what they think is best for the community. And I am sure you fellas can imagine how this could hurt our flailing and delicate situation here.

Off topic threads were something that kept people coming back to the hip hop rb section. It added flavor which was interesting because it was off topic, but still by people who are generaly smart and music oriented like all of us. So people liked discussing off topic here, as opposed to off topic on let's say paintball nation. Now that off topic stuff is weeded out, nobody will bother to really go to off topic. You're thinking, that's fine, then they didn't care about off topic stuff, but they did if it was just there on the list "ask a girl if you can tap that" -- hm I'm interested let me click (hilarity ensues). Now, people mostly won't even peek in the off topic section. Even if they do, it lost it's hotness because it's in the worldstarhiphop section of fp so that automaticaly makes the topics lose their value just because of their section. So this makes the hip hop section more boring than it already is becoming... And it makes the off topic section lame. Much less fun either way. And the now split traffic will start to represent that.

Another thing about posting off topics in the hip hop section was that since they were technicaly not allowed, but still got passes from mods, people were a lot more careful what off topics they posted. That meant people were more selctive and usualy it was only super current events or big time current events that most peole wanted to know anyway. It served as a good barometer of current events. Like you knew if there was a fat thread about one thing or another it was popular in the world. So that served as a secondary place where you could notice interesting topical ideas that were popular at the time. Now that off topicness is officialy encouraged, it will be much more filled with extra retarted topics of small consequence. There will be no way to weed through the garbage to tell what's hot and new and what's just plain nothing of interest.

See it just is a bad idea overall and it takes away from the fun and daily routine of the site. That's why I said it's like communism, because the decision is less about fun, and more about "organization" of thread topics at the expense of humor and fun.

It's like if they suddenly added unlimited characters to Twitter instead of 140. Small sighted people might whine and say they want to type more than 140 characters but people with foresight would understand that that would destroy the balance of the site.

^^^
Correct.

I like "The Break Room" name...but I don't really give a f*ck...Off Topic is cool too lol

Robot Sunset Extreme, why don't u just let it play out? If it messes things up, the mods will close the off topic forum...just enjoy it bro

On another note, are we allowed to advertise random stuff here and swear like sailors? OHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITT!!!! Can you u take off the swear filter for the off topic forum? That would be sweet!

(Just asking for clarification)

I've always wanted to e-scream **** A ***** CUZ SHE AINT ****! but it just isn't as much fun with the stars :(

Somebody go tell The Light he can come back and push some more of that bullshyt again.....SMMFH@ what happens when the picture goes out of focus...

oh well, I guess it'll at least be worth a try...

Nice try... But it's not that easy

what I am criticizing makes sense and is pushing for the good/growth of the community.

if u dont like this section then just avoid it whats the problem?
i mean ure in here postin **** right? so it cant be that useless!

i think its a great idea because we can keep the hip hop & RnB forum clean now!

if u wanna talk bout music go and talk bout music whats your business if people wanna talk random stuff?

imagine somebody from gearslutz comes on this forum lookin for rnb related things he opens up the section and there are 5 different illuminati threads?
people will always post random **** u cant stop em from doin that! y not give em the oppertunity to do it "legally" without disturbing anybody...

Last edited:
This makes me wonder if other people exist on this site and lurk other sub forums I've never looked at.... :bigeyes:

if u dont like this section then just avoid it whats the problem?
i mean ure in here postin **** right? so it cant be that useless!

i think its a great idea because we can keep the hip hop & RnB forum clean now!

if u wanna talk bout music go and talk bout music whats your business if people wanna talk random stuff?

imagine somebody from gearslutz comes on this forum lookin for rnb related things he opens up the section and there are 5 different illuminati threads?
people will always post random **** u cant stop em from doin that! y not give em the oppertunity to do it "legally" without disturbing anybody...

But this isnt Gearslutz (anymore) and its not Worldstarhiphop. Its like somewhere in between or something. Its different. And like you said to avoid, it, thats the whole issue. Now I have to avoid off topic current events? Why? Just because its easier to organize for the Mods or whatever reason this change took place? The fact that the HHRB is "clean" now is the problem because now they will have a reason to place any borderline thread in the off topic section and consequentialy making it more meaningless because of its new section. And the HHRB thread is not that packed to where it needs to be cleansed of dirty threads. Those threads are part of what makes this place fun. And now this new situation takes away from that. Theres only so many music release lately anyway and there is a drought. We have plenty of time to talk about what we feel like in between music related current events. Theres a drought.

Wtf r u guys talkin about? This section is good...u get to keep members on even if ppl don't wanna talk about music for once...if I'm a member here and I have something to post that has nothin to do w music why would I wanna go somewhere else to post it?,??? If I wanna post it here I should n plus website wil have more traffic since its a tiny bit more than music..if traffic flows n ppl request y not??? That's internet business

Hip Hop is dead anyway......so the "Hip Hop Section" don't matter anymore..........lol j/p

Nice try... But it's not that easy

what I am criticizing makes sense and is pushing for the good/growth of the community.

all are valid and good points.. and worry me as well.. but then my view point is slightly disenfranchised and jaded.. just from being here and seeing how FP has evolved over the years..

yeah, keep this section. Move everything from the hip hop and rnb forum that isn't music related here...

If people want to continue talking about it, they'll come here. They won't get to show out for the rnb / hip hop lurkers because that's what most of the flaming is... People showing out. If no one is paying attention to them because their thread isn't constantly being bumped to the top of the rnb / hip hop section (lots of viewers / thread views)... They'll probably calm down because nobody is watching them.

This is good.

Co-Sign.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Off Topic section is probably one of the best things to happen on the forum. It moves all the crap, non music related sh!t talking out of the relevant forum sections into a huge heap of cr4p that everyone can wade in on.

Would you rather there be a bunch of off topic threads sprawled out through various sections of the forum instead?

Back