OC 703 coming tomorrow, best places to put it in my room?

AG Beats

I have enough panels coming for 12 four inch thick bass traps tomorrow.

I have included a crude drawing of my room. It is 11.5'x11.5'x8'. I plan on putting 4" traps from floor to ceiling as best I can in the three corners where it wouldnt be a problem. That leaves me with 6 traps. I will put one on the ceiling at first reflection and two more for each side reflection point. that leaves me with three. I figure I'll put one of those in the corner by the door as best I can and maybe make the other two mobile on stands or something?

If you had 12 traps in my room, what would you do?

room.png

having a. . . "lot of fun" building these things so far. Lol have to go and buy a shit ton of wood or something to frame with now

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

3 down 9 to go. Thinkng about doing a tutorial on making one as i get better. I just need more fabric now

---------- Post added 08-08-2013 at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-07-2013 at 04:11 PM ----------

nothing?

this is what I have so far, plus one other corner set up like what you see in the pic. The fourth corner has a door so I cant put one right in the corner. I have 5 traps left to make, and I plan on treating the first reflections on side walls and ceiling as close I can, one more behind the other speaker like the pic shows, and one on the back wall most likely will be how I position them at least at first. I can def notice a difference already.

setuptreatment.jpg

Sounds like you have it all sorted out! If it's possible for you, try treating the first reflections on the ceiling as well. Mounting a panel to the ceiling is very easy using something like this <--. You can find that in every hardware store.

I'm busy treating my room as well, and having a 'cloud' above the mixing positions is certainly great + it looks pretty cool haha!

The difference some decent room treatment makes is huge! You read it everywhere, but I had no idea the impact would be so big.

Attachments

• Stap 21.jpg
    Stap 21.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 274
Back