Numark TTX turntable Question?

emceegritty1234

I want to make a turntable purchase for scratching in my beats and sampling vinyls! I was just wondering do any producers here use a Numark TTX turntable? Is it goood for scratching an sampling? and Can you use serato with it?

I was also looking a the Vestax Spin DJ USB Controller for scratching!

USB controller won't work for you. It might work for some general mixing, but I wouldn't recommend getting one..

I haven't tried the TTX myself, but people generally seem to be talking good about it. Then again, in that price range you could get a technics sl1200 too.

You will also need a dj-mixer to be able to cut your scratches. Vestax PMC's, Rane TTM's and Ecler HAK's are good mixers for scratching.

And yes, you can use Serato. What are you planning to do with it? If you are only going to get it to be able to scratch something from mp3's, don't bother. You would have to have an extremely good audio interface and there still could be some latency. If you are also hoping to start mixing records, Serato is a nice way to incorporate your mp3 collection in to the mix. You will need two turntables to be able to mix though.

Easiest way to star scratching is to cop some Dirt Style's scratch/battle records http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/searchresults.asp?SearchBy=Label&KeyWords=Dirt+Style+Records. They will have all the basic ahhhh's and fresshhh's and plenty more on them.

Last edited:
I want to make a turntable purchase for scratching in my beats and sampling vinyls! I was just wondering do any producers here use a Numark TTX turntable? Is it goood for scratching an sampling? and Can you use serato with it?

I was also looking a the Vestax Spin DJ USB Controller for scratching!

I have them and love them. The motors have pretty high torque which I love for scratching. Go try them out and see if they work for you.

If you're just looking to sample I wouldn't go that high or just go used but if you want to scratch make sure you get direct drive.

I loved the TTX and I think it's great for sampling as well. It has a higher pitch range than most turntables, key lock, reverse, and super high torque for scratching. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I've heard bad things about the TTX1 though, I'd steer clear of those.

I loved the TTX and I think it's great for sampling as well. It has a higher pitch range than most turntables, key lock, reverse, and super high torque for scratching. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I've heard bad things about the TTX1 though, I'd steer clear of those.

I have the TTX1 and they are good. The first ones that were released were the ones that had the heating problem. I have the generation after that and they have vents on the platter to solve the over heating issues. The version after the ones I have also have the adjustable torque option. I am selling my TTX1's right now, so if interested, let me know. Thanks.

Back