Novation Remote 25SL MKII vs. Novation Remote Zero SL and Alesis Q25

Bartok

I am looking to buy a DAW controller for Ableton with keys.

I have looked intensly at AKAI MPK25 and Axiom Pro 49, but started to lean towards Novation Remote 25SL MKII.

After thinking it through I have started to seriosly consider an alternative with a Novation Remote Zero SL and Alesis Q25.

When I set it up in a contest, the points for me in favor of the dual solution is.

Pros:
Better Layout
Crossfader
Longer Faders
Extra fader on the Alesis for master volume
Pitch bend and modulation wheel
Better Flexability

Cons:
No joystick and xy-pad
Extra 20€ (based on Thomann.de prices)

As it looks to me it is better with the dual setup option but am I missing something?

Best Regards Jeppe

Up until you run out of USB ports, get as much separation in your gear as possible. I'm glad for not buying a Remote SL keyboard and opting instead for the Remote Zero SL, because now I'm going for a Remote Zero MKII and still have my keys. The MKII looks to have fixed all the hardware issues of the MKI? and honest Automap is boss. Great software on the whole and I can't quite figure out why so many ppl are displeased with it. It's not plug and play but once you RTFM you'll have a solid enough foundation to get it working right. Also trying to save money is a mindf*ck so get the Remote Zero, the best quality keys you can afford, and a pad controller of sorts and for Ableton definitely an APC20/40.

As it looks to me it is better with the dual setup option but am I missing something?
Best Regards Jeppe

Cheap, shitty keys on the cheap, shitty Alesis keyboard vs nice Fatar keys w/ Aftertouch on the Novation?

Spreading out your gear functionality as a regular policy rather than a one-time-thing can lead to a spread out and inefficient workflow. It also takes up more space. 90% of your gear should be an arm's length away or closer, which becomes hard to do when you have to spread out all of your gear.

Last edited:
Back