Novation MKII and Logic problems

Snowman3300

I just got a Novation MKII keyboard and am having problems using it with logic. I can only seem to map the pitch/modulation control. Or sometimes I can map knobs/faders but when I use touch in Logic, it doesn't record any of the automation and I end up doing it by mouse. I'm using the Automap program that comes with the keyboard that tries to automap the controls but still, can't seem to record those automations. I'm wondering if I just shouldn't use that program? Or there's something weird with the midi channels? I don't know enough about midi to come up with an answer.

Anyone use this keyboard with logic? Any recommendations? It feels great but I'd really like to use it to its full capabilities. Also anyone know how to use the drum pads with logic? Do you have to use ultrabeat?

Any help is very appreciated.

I just got a Novation MKII keyboard and am having problems using it with logic. I can only seem to map the pitch/modulation control. Or sometimes I can map knobs/faders but when I use touch in Logic, it doesn't record any of the automation and I end up doing it by mouse. I'm using the Automap program that comes with the keyboard that tries to automap the controls but still, can't seem to record those automations. I'm wondering if I just shouldn't use that program? Or there's something weird with the midi channels? I don't know enough about midi to come up with an answer.

Anyone use this keyboard with logic? Any recommendations? It feels great but I'd really like to use it to its full capabilities. Also anyone know how to use the drum pads with logic? Do you have to use ultrabeat?

Any help is very appreciated.

Are your faders/knobs set to latch mode, and if so, are they latching to the parameter's "current value" before you try to record automation?

My mkII works perfectly with Cubase. My suggestion to you is to calmly sit down with the pdf version of the manual and read it from front to back, watch some of Novation's "using Automap" videos on Youtube, and then ask any specific questions that still remain.

The keyboard is relatively complicated compared with a dumb MIDI controller, so it takes a bit of a learning curve to really get up to speed.

Are your faders/knobs set to latch mode, and if so, are they latching to the parameter's "current value" before you try to record automation?

My mkII works perfectly with Cubase. My suggestion to you is to calmly sit down with the pdf version of the manual and read it from front to back, watch some of Novation's "using Automap" videos on Youtube, and then ask any specific questions that still remain.

The keyboard is relatively complicated compared with a dumb MIDI controller, so it takes a bit of a learning curve to really get up to speed.

Ah yes the manual... thanks for responding. You're definitely right. I started to read it when I got it but got frustrated about setting it up with Logic I think. Today, I use some of the features of the keyboard but definitely not all. I think i'll read the manual again because I keep hearing good things.

Have you had your keyboard long?

Ah yes the manual... thanks for responding. You're definitely right. I started to read it when I got it but got frustrated about setting it up with Logic I think. Today, I use some of the features of the keyboard but definitely not all. I think i'll read the manual again because I keep hearing good things.

Have you had your keyboard long?

Yeah, I've had the SL 61 mkII for about 9 months or so.

Back