novation Bass station 2 pros and cons

jagaloon

Hey all hope everyone is recovering nicely from the holidays! Have been spending some decent amount of time with my Ultranova. I noticed that I now have access to the mini nova sounds as well which got me thinking. I have been looking for a new synth but am on the fence on if I even need a Bass station 2 or if my Ultranova can create the same sounds or if I can already get the patches somewhere.

The only software synth I owns Massive and while it's fun, tactile feel is better. I am using Maschine so everything I do has to be recorded via sampler which is the only down side of my setup especially if you want to quickly nudge a note over in midi.

So I'm on the fence, is it something I can gain from or would I ultimately be buying another synth that looks different but creates the same sounds as my Ultranova and/or vice versa.

I'd like to avoid a room full of gear, probably the allure of soft synths now but I'd like some input on adding one to my setup. I'm still very much a hobbyist so take it easy on me.

realistically, can you get close the bass station with the ultranova? possibly, will it be 100% the same? no one is digital and one is analog, if you have the budget for it and you think it will add to your sound then yes I say get it, or even look into a moog minitaur, used moog slim phatty,the Arturia Minibrute or even the Dave smith Mopho.. assuming you are looking for something monophonic with emphasis on bass duties

bass station 2 is pretty good for being nice and cheap. its not my favorite synth and I have more time on the old ones, but its a good option. you cant go wrong with an analog mono and it will kill the ultranova at most bass duties. dont fear a room full of gear, embrace it...

Back