NI Maschine 1.5...Next Month

Cash_Daily

I'm finally ready to get back to producing. I'm getting NI's Maschine next month. I made a regretful, haste decision to sell my MPC2000XL- MCD last year. I went with Reason 4.0 (another bad decision) and even though I was using a midi controller. I found myself missing the workflow of the MPC. I've been watching The Maschine since it came out but I felt it wasn't ready (like every other new technology. Now, with the 1.5 update; it's ready imoh.

Peace

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^DO IT. if u need help wit it go on the maschine forums or hit me up. buts its really easy to use

Cool. I hope you like it. They are working on the next update but there isn't much news about what's going on, they want to keep it private. We know it will still be free and i hope updates will stay free for some time.

what didn't you like about Reason? I love the program myself but Ive found that the experience with Reason is best if you have a nice controller to use it with especially if you are coming from a hardware background

Not being able to chop within ONE program. Recycle to Reason...O ish I made a mistake...BACK to Recycle! You would think after 5 tries PH would get it right and add a chop feature.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Now with Maschine I can sample from for my ipod or itunes and get busy. Chop- assign to pads - That's the MPC all day with added features we've come to expect in 2010.

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

I forgot to mention, I went back to school for Radiology. NI Maschine offers a academic version discount. YES! It's on

Last edited:
Hope you like it! I love mine!
Thanks bro. NI hit it on the head with that 1.5 update. What's crazy, the main feature I'm looking forward to is NOTE REPEAT. As you know the Axiom 25 doesn't have it; drawing in rolls and fills got on my F'n nerves. The MPC's design/layout was genius but Akai didn't advance. They should've be on computer integration years ago. Who doesn't have a cpu! Smh.

Last edited:
Not being able to chop within ONE program. Recycle to Reason...O ish I made a mistake...BACK to Recycle! You would think after 5 tries PH would get it right and add a chop feature.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Now with Maschine I can sample from for my ipod or itunes and get busy. Chop- assign to pads - That's the MPC all day with added features we've come to expect in 2010.

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

I forgot to mention, I went back to school for Radiology. NI Maschine offers a academic version discount. YES! It's on
Reason 5's sample editor is very easy to chop samples in but I get your point. I think a big part of the reason why a lot of people also are not very satisfied with Reason at least from a hip hop standpoint is because they don't see us complain on their site. They have a feedback forum and a general user base and 90% of the guys there are guys making electronic music so thats kinda how they base their updates you know. This Reason 5 upgrade is probably the most useful for a hip hop producer ive ever seen

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Thanks bro. NI hit it on the head with that 1.5 update. What's crazy, the main feature I'm looking forward to is NOTE REPEAT. As you know the Axiom 25 doesn't have it; drawing in rolls and fills got on my F'n nerves. The MPC's design/layout was genius but Akai didn't advance. They should've be on computer integration years ago. Who doesn't have a cpu! Smh.
whats funny is i never once used note repeat on my mpc lol. everyone hypes it up and I want to buy a newer mpd but mostly for a tap tempo button lol

@ Xabition. I love note repeat! I hear you on Reason but I'm just done with PH. That studio Rack look was cool in 1999. I just want simple tools and functions NOT workarounds.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Tap Tempo is one of best features any new beatmakers could have. What's one of the most common questions... What BPM is good for Hip Hip? Maschine has it! YES

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Note Repeat was used heavy on "Through the Wire".

@ Xabition. I love note repeat! I hear you on Reason but I'm just done with PH. That studio Rack look was cool in 1999. I just want simple tools and functions NOT workarounds.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Tap Tempo is one of best features any new beatmakers could have. What's one of the most common questions... What BPM is good for Hip Hip? Maschine has it! YES

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Note Repeat was used heavy on "Through the Wire".
im sure kanye uses note repeat a lot lol. idk I guess u have ur reasons. i really dont see props stuff as workarounds much anymore. at least not as bad as it was back in the day and currently i only saw sampling as kinda a workaround but again not anymore once reason 5 hits

Hi guys! I just bought a Maschine too and I have this big problem: when I try to load it into Ableton it crashes ableton saying Could not allocate enough memory! What can it be done? :(

I was at the Guitar Center today and purchased Ableton Live but NOT Maschine.

@sentokan...I have no idea bro. Check the Ableton forum. Good luck

Back