Next step...

R

redbearddread

Alright...

I have just begun my journey into Midi with the Keyrig49 and Pro Tools 8.

I can't believe how easy it is to record using Midi...I shoulda been doin this shyte years ago!

Here's my problem: the Keyrig49 has no knobs at all...just the two wheels (modulation and pitch bend) and the volume slider.

I want to know if there's a Midi controller out there that is all knobs? I'm looking at all of the knobs on the plugins I've got and I'm sure it would be much easier if I had multiple knobs, lots of 'em, to control the knobs on the various interfaces- as opposed to trying to figure out how to use the Keyrig as both an instrument and a controller...

peace!

There's plenty. In the cheap but decent category, you've got the Korg nanoKontrol, Novation's Nocturn and Akai's response to Korg (the LPD8) and Behringer's BCR2000. Then there's a few more expensive ones - which aren't strictly knob boxes though - like the CME BitStream 3X & Novation's Zero SL.

Also a lot of old and new devices from smaller manufacturers which can be found 2nd hand; Kenton Spin Doctor, Doepfer Pocket Dial etc. etc. Doepfer also has DIY kits for rotary encoders, so you could build your own custom box if you want to as well.

Back