Newbie seeking constructive criticism. (Dub/Bass)

Hi thanks for opening my thread. I'd love for some constructive criticism on my song. I didn't necessarily like how the final product turned out entirely but I'm pretty new to all of this and don't know how to go about getting a better sound. In my opinion it's lacking energy and isn't really 'full' seems a bit upfront to me if that makes sense. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated and I can try to answer any questions about the song, I don't know a whole ton, but I'll try.

SC link (dont mind the cover art, only thumbnail I had on my PC lol)

well your track isnt that bad for a newbie at all but what im noticing alot is the track is static and repetitive try generating new ideas and make your breaks low energy so that the drop has more energy plus which you already know work on your mix and just keep working in general im sure you will get better

lol this is bent, I like it. The warped synthline you bring in at 1 minute is very cool, I think it deserves to shine a little more. Maybe you could remove the 4 on the 4 electronic chant noise you have going on to give it more room to breath? At least for a little. To reduce repetition as well, you could always automate parameters on some of your drum samples to make them feel a little more "alive". Keep producing, once you get the mix down I think you will have some very original material. nice job.

Back