Newbie Help-harware selection

marz_attacks

Hello All,

i'm looking to pick up hardware similar to an MPC or MPD to start crafting mainly hip-hop style looped based beats. i have a few concerns; one, cash flow. since this is a hobby, i dont want to invest mucho dollars. i'm failry good with reason 4, but can't seem to get my samples from recycle into reason 4 successfully. i havent figured out how to chop them up with the software also. a buddy of mine dropped by with his MPC and it was certainly impressive. the manual interface seems to be a bit more up my alley. he advised i stay away from the 500 and go with the 1k as he did. i don't know if im ready to commit that type of cash yet. is the MPD a viable alternative? does it ease the choppin aspect when used with reason? is there something else that is available that is fairly popular(for support issues) that i'm unaware of? excuse the rookie question, but any and all help would be great.

~marz

Get an MPD16 on Ebay, like $40 used. It will give you decent enough pads if your on a low budget.

An MPD won't make any difference to how you chop your samples, its just a MIDI controller its not like an MPC, you can't chop in it. It just has the same input method of an MPC (the pads).

Back