NEWBIE - A Track I've Been Playing With

Status
Not open for further replies.
The melodies sound dope I see what you were going for with the chill sounds, but you need to add some variations in the drums and also about the mixing/mastering.. it sounds alright but you need to give yourself some headroom for the drums..just cut some of the bass out of the melodies..I would start looking at tutorial on youtube it has alot to offer.Keep it up.
Check out my track- https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ey-know-future-style-club-banger[f4f]-476694/

Appreciate it

Nice vibe I was expecting the kick to take over afterwhile but sorta got used to the snare pattern. Keep up the work man you'll get there soon, song just sounds a little crowded so you might just wanna eq some things out of the way other than that it's some solid work.

Can I get some feedback on these two tracks please?
1) https://www.futureproducers.com/forum...100%25-476859/

2) https://www.futureproducers.com/forum...ferent-476823/

Thanks for the feedback, it really means a lot to hear that I'm heading in the right direction considering I've had no professional help at all with learning my way around FL Studio. I'm going to take all of these comments on board and tweak the track to match suggestions.

In regards to your tracks - Man I am impressed. You have some serious talent. My only feedback would be to compress your snares which is what people have been telling me to do too for a better effect. Great work!

I think the snare and hats conflict with each other at the end of the intro and it sounds kind of messy at times. Other than that, I like what you did with the snares and kicks. Not conventional, but it works with the rest of the track. Good job. Personally, I'd lower the amount of reverb on the hats. But that's just a personal preference.

the track is a bit crowded. the snare part is repeptitive. imo i would let the intro breathe a bit and take the whole snare part out of the intro. also work on the mix a bit ... take some high end off the hats as well ... the sound kinda resonates. i think would be the right thing to say there. but yea definately work on the mix and some of the arrangement with the snare. you are headed in the right direction. check me out https://www.futureproducers.com/for...music-give-receive-feedback/new-beats-476617/

What I like:
I really like your style. Instrumentation matches in the song, which is good.
I like the choir like synths in the background. For the most part I actually do like the song's entirety

What I don't like:
The bass kick sounds really distorted. I mean, if that's what you were going for then good, but I don't favor it.
Also the snare sounds a little too loud for my liking
Almost every 19-20 seconds there's a fill that you put in, where the snares don't flow with the beat. I know the fill you're trying to put in, but the snares aren't in the right place

Wow! This feedback is incredible! Thanks for all of the input guys. It's really encouraging to hear that I'm on the right track and you like where I'm going with the track. I have re-worked the bass and EQ'd out the distortion as this wasn't the effect I wanted but after exporting that's when I heard it was an issue.

One problem I'm coming across is getting an equal volume balance on my choir melody. As soon as the drums hit in part of the intro, the sound drops. Any tips for this would be appreciated.

Thanks again for the feedback!

What I like:
I really like your style. Instrumentation matches in the song, which is good.
I like the choir like synths in the background. For the most part I actually do like the song's entirety

What I don't like:
The bass kick sounds really distorted. I mean, if that's what you were going for then good, but I don't favor it.
Also the snare sounds a little too loud for my liking
Almost every 19-20 seconds there's a fill that you put in, where the snares don't flow with the beat. I know the fill you're trying to put in, but the snares aren't in the right place

Thanks for the feedback! What I really appreciate about your comments is the fact that you really noticed what I knew I was having trouble with. The snare pattern, that ending doesn't fit correctly and I'm trying to chop it up to get it to roll out smoothly.

I'll re-post once I'm done with the editing. Thanks again and If you ever want me to check out some of your work then be sure to hit me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back