newb with some gear trying to crank out some beats need advice…..

stackskrilla

newb here with a few pieces of gear …. I'm using a Presonus AudioBox 44VSL a Maschine MK2 and Akai MPK25. I as well have a technics 1200 turntable.
Anyways I have experience DJing Im really trying to just produce decent hip hop beats….. Ive been exploring with maschine and actually making little loops and beats with the metronome and its a lot of fun.

I really want to start integrating Maschine / my Akai MPK25 controller with a DAW to start making full beats…. its easy to do drum loops in maschine but is a little more difficult to scene everything out and make whole songs with hook sections and everything…..

What DAW would you recommend for a newb with this type of gear that is trying to just get his feet wet?
thanks in advance.

If you have a maschine, you have the software then so use that lol.
i have an mpd18 and padkontrol so i need an external daw so i use studio one and reason.
You don't, you all set man.

Maschine is one of the best platforms for sampling IMO. There's so much you can do on there haha it even has chord and scale generators now for when you don't wanna sample

Hook up the synth to the maschine through midi and you're all set idd.
If that's really not what your looking for , for ppl to advise you what DAW to pick is trying other ppl to tell you what ice cream you like. Sure, there's a good chance you'll like one of the top contenders out there, but there's many good ones out there nowadays.
Just pick one, watch some images of it, go to their website, watch some youtubes on how it looks, download the demo and take a further look. Take a quick look like this on a few of em, or just go with the first one you really like. If it's one of many proper DAWs out there, go get skills with working that DAW. They all pretty much do the same, but differ in how you need to operate em.

Last edited:
Back