*NEW XXL MAG YOUNG CHOP INTERVIEW* (Says Lex Luger isn't one of his Influences)

At first I was gonna call bull shit but when you read the interview he says he was influenced by shawty redd and drumma boy and drumma boy did some of those drum patterns we link back to lex....

He also pointed out that both of them have a sound that can be traced back to Zaytoven which is valid too....

Basically you can say that by the time Lex was getting Burn, Chop probably already had his sound set in stone and just wasn't heard on a national level. They probably look at each other like peers.

Shit like this is why I hate the internet when it comes to producers. I believe Chop. Style is old. Yall new to this shit. And with it being so old, somebody is going to sound like somebody when they are into the same kind of "music". Fuuck man...this ain't Lex's genre. If Fruity Loops was created in the late 90's....all you would hear is this same type of shit. Connect the dots and let the computer take you on a journey to your next beat.

What happened....people think it is normal to bite.

Yall should thank FL Studio.....throw a party every year for FL Studio users in honor of Fruity Loops.....seriously.

Shit like this is why I hate the internet when it comes to producers. I believe Chop. Style is old. Yall new to this shit. And with it being so old, somebody is going to sound like somebody when they are into the same kind of "music". Fuuck man...this ain't Lex's genre. If Fruity Loops was created in the late 90's....all you would hear is this same type of shit. Connect the dots and let the computer take you on a journey to your next beat.

What happened....people think it is normal to bite.

Yall should thank FL Studio.....throw a party every year for FL Studio users in honor of Fruity Loops.....seriously.
im not talking about the style of the music, i mean the particular 808 that lex luger first used and everyone completely copied, is the same one chop uses

im not talking about the style of the music, i mean the particular 808 that lex luger first used and everyone completely copied, is the same one chop uses

I remember hearing that same 808 type sound before I Lex blew up. It's very possible that Chop wasn't influenced by Lex at all.

I remember hearing that same 808 type sound before I Lex blew up. It's very possible that Chop wasn't influenced by Lex at all.

There was a bass music group back in the 88' somewhere that had that kind of 808. Can't remember......it was so many.

He did what few will ever be able to do.....like Lex. He spun the big will and it landed on 3 Hunna...Went Hard In Da Paint.

Nothing special about any producer unless you doing it for self. The problem......most producers claiming to do it for self...they beats sound like they did it for a rapper. And on top of that, doing music for self as far as popularity puts you into a world that will either intimidate you or force you to be like the rest who do what you do for real. And I don't mean sitting on your ass making beats, but actually remixing your own shit on stage, mixing your own shit on stage, doing shit live on stage. These dubstep and EDM producers want to be respected as the next Skrillex.....they ain't never been to their own local gatherings and performed their stuff. Sooooo who are they for real....when their competition is jamming with the home team? Answer.....just a bunch of fruity loop MFers....they all sound the same.

Most Fruity Loop only users sound the same in when doing trap.

Most MPC only users sound the same when it comes to chopping samples to make a boom bap beat.

Most Ableton users have true creative freedom as they build a unique way of expressing themselves. But it usually leads to them having to hope people feel their expression....most are only fascinated at what he is doing more than the actual music.

Just an example from the real life info I gathered from most producers. The difference between DJ Toomp, Shawty Redd, and Zaytoven having a unique sound to this new age of biters. They can't help but to bite because that is how what they use lead them into making a beat. Subconsciously they think where they want to go, and the computer does the rest. So the only way they can succeed is through the use of a catchy single that "SOMEBODY ELSE GOT DAMN PUT ALL THE WORK INTO MAKING POPULAR"......why I say yall producers ain't shit all the time. Sit their mad and shit because you think you did some MFing work because you sat on your ass and made a beat......pathetic.

Just being real.

Last edited:
Sick tho he's set pretty good now. As far as his style, it is kinda similar from the drum aspect, Melody wise is what stands out the most to me from his production.

Everybody that uses orchestra sounds which is brass,strings,hits and that dark sounding sh*t isn't always influenced by Lex or anybody that produces in rap.That sound is influenced by orchestra sh*t.808s,hi-hats,open hats,crashes,cymbals all this is normal sh*t that your gonna use regardless to make a down south beat so basically Orchestra+808s,hi-hats,open hats,crashes,cymbals=Trap beats with no influence from lex,southside,drumma boy,zaytoven,shawty redd,d.rich or whoever else period.

Just what makes young chop so diffrent from other producers?
his mindset.

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

At first I was gonna call bull shit but when you read the interview he says he was influenced by shawty redd and drumma boy and drumma boy did some of those drum patterns we link back to lex....

He also pointed out that both of them have a sound that can be traced back to Zaytoven which is valid too....

Basically you can say that by the time Lex was getting Burn, Chop probably already had his sound set in stone and just wasn't heard on a national level. They probably look at each other like peers.
exactly.

Back