New Types of Emerging House

D

deejayseven7

As a full time DJ and a part time producer I see a few new trends emerging in the house scene. First off (and this may be just a fancy of mine) but I see a fusion forming between the UK's garage and the american progressive sounds. With artists like Timo Maas pushing that sound, a long with a large number of dj's from both countries playing variations on that sound I thing we will hear a lot more of the almost breaky kinda house. Secondly, almost all high paid DJ's are playing a deeper kind of trance, somthing that you could have heard only by Deep Dish and Teneglia a few months ago. Time for big "trance anthems" to go into the trash. This also probably means that the "rave" scene will shrink. (lucky for some of us, bad for others) as the music becomes less "pop" oriented. Personally I'll be happy to be part of a more "underground" community. Please write your thoughts.

Seth

underground for sure :)

I find myself getting into a newer hybrid of house, easily mixable with some downbeat techno, or tech-house (but not like swayzak,basic channel etc.), it's got a hint of minimal, dub and electro, very eclectic, I love it, it's just funky! :cool:

Back