New track with my dude! Wu-ish type beat

SepOne

New track I did with my boy Hya Rezz last night. First time recorded vocals, really so bear with me on that.

Lemme know what ya'll think!

Peace

I thought this was dope. Good selections on your drums, and dope chops of the sample. I can see the Wu influence, but it also reminded me of something Lupe Fiasco might rhyme over circa Food & Liquor. The mix was clean as well; nice reverb on the snare. The vox were mixed really well too, in my opinion. Even the ad-libs in the background were fitting in nicely.

Unfortunately I'm still a bit of a novice myself when it comes to mixing, so I don't really have any advanced tips to give you. If nothing else, this'll least give you a bump. Thought the track was dope and your homie can spit too. Here's mine if you get a chance: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...tnght-ish-type-track-f4f-468802/#post49754180

I'm loving the classic sound, both on the lyrics and the beat. I think it's straight fire, I didn't fall in love with the kick drum but it still had a nice punch to it. If it was me, I'd try to find something else to swap in for it but that's really just a personal preference.

I thought this was dope. Good selections on your drums, and dope chops of the sample. I can see the Wu influence, but it also reminded me of something Lupe Fiasco might rhyme over circa Food & Liquor. The mix was clean as well; nice reverb on the snare. The vox were mixed really well too, in my opinion. Even the ad-libs in the background were fitting in nicely.

Unfortunately I'm still a bit of a novice myself when it comes to mixing, so I don't really have any advanced tips to give you. If nothing else, this'll least give you a bump. Thought the track was dope and your homie can spit too. Here's mine if you get a chance: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...tnght-ish-type-track-f4f-468802/#post49754180

Hey thanks, man. I appreciate the look and feedback.

Bruno; thanks to you, too. I've been working with him to try and get him to slow down a bit, but I like his potential a lot.

Funk Junkie; Thanks bro! I'll look into some alternatives to the kick. Appreciate the feedback!

Back