NEW TOY.... Roland RD-500!!! Thoughts?

Untuchable_Jay

Last night I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Roland RD-500 for a SWEEEET deal!! Not too familiar with this particular board but wasn't going to let the opportunity pass me by! Does anyone have any thoughts/comments on it.....?!

the sounds are decent...i dont play keys at all (though im trying to get into playing). it has a couple of dead keys that need to be fixed and the sound comes out louder on different sides, so it needs some work done to it...

But I want more detail. Does it sound warm? Tinny? Does the keybed feel heavy? Soft?

More description, not good/bad.

Wow, (this is totally unrelated, but) that was clever having a soundcloud song right there in your info box thing, sapeur... very clever indeed

Sorry, about the keyboard - Why did you buy something so gargantuan? I'm sure you had your reasons - but what were they? And how much was it?

Last edited:
Sorry for the very late response but I got the board for free, a church was about to trash it over 5 or 6 dead keys. I've been slacking on getting them fixed but soon!

A dead key is often nothing more than a particle of grit preventing contact, if it has rubber pads under the keys remove them and wipe the offending contact.

Last edited:
Back