New to all this, please help.

Steevo4456

I have a Beringer Xenyx 1002, Arturia MKii,
Asus laptop, Behringer powered speakers.

The configurations offered by the owners manuals are not very helpful. Could someone suggest a configuration to connect the Arturia keyboard and PC and speakers through the mixer? I will be using Analog Lab V DAW.
Or any other configuration that would get this 67 y.o. Musican on the rails before his shelf life expires.

Many Thanks
🙏

I have a Beringer Xenyx 1002, Arturia MKii,
Asus laptop, Behringer powered speakers.

The configurations offered by the owners manuals are not very helpful. Could someone suggest a configuration to connect the Arturia keyboard and PC and speakers through the mixer? I will be using Analog Lab V DAW.
Or any other configuration that would get this 67 y.o. Musican on the rails before his shelf life expires.

Many Thanks
🙏

So, going from memory, without pix of your specific gear, I'd guesstimate this-- Arturia keyboard controller connected to your computer via USB MIDI; audio from your computer audio output to a stereo channel on the Xenyx (without an audio interface, you will need to go from the headphone out of the laptop to an input on the mixer with an 1/8th-inch mini on one side, and a 1/4-inch end or adaptor on the other, both stereo, with the channel set to "line in"). Then use a main out or monitor out from the mixer to each speaker. Make sure it's all plugged in and turned on. !Voila! That should do the trick. Watch your volume settings on the channel(s), main output, and powered speakers (Google search "proper gain-staging").

GJ

Back