New to ableton, need help with some small issues.

animeguy1347

hey guys,

Im moving from Reason to ableton so I can start using vsts and there are a few small issues i am having (or have to get used to).

first the ableton track cursor, is there a way to place it at a spot have it it just sit there? (it always automatically plays back) for example in Reason or Logic you can grab the cursor and place it somewhere with out it playing back.

2nd. can anyone give me some tips on how to make my sound louder in ableton. Coming from Reason everything is already reasonably loud and it is very easy to turn your sound up without having to worry about clipping issues. So what is a good technique to make your sound louder without clipping or ruining your wave form in abletonn?

Here is a good example of the loudness i am looking for. Thank you!

youtube.com/watch?v=nGLVjlOWdjY

For the cursor, just click at the bar you want it to start at, not in the timeline bar at the top of the arranger view, but you can click anywhere in the middle of the screen, and you should see a big Red line that marks where you clicked, and from there you can hit play whenever you'd like.

0dbfs in Reason is the same as 0dbfs in Ableton. So I don't really know what you're talking about.

Not familiar with the current versions of Reason, but the SSL emu has a master bus comp, right? If that's on by default, it's probably pretty easy to turn it up w/o clipping...

hey guys,

Im moving from Reason to ableton so I can start using vsts and there are a few small issues i am having (or have to get used to).

first the ableton track cursor, is there a way to place it at a spot have it it just sit there? (it always automatically plays back) for example in Reason or Logic you can grab the cursor and place it somewhere with out it playing back.

2nd. can anyone give me some tips on how to make my sound louder in ableton. Coming from Reason everything is already reasonably loud and it is very easy to turn your sound up without having to worry about clipping issues. So what is a good technique to make your sound louder without clipping or ruining your wave form in abletonn?

Here is a good example of the loudness i am looking for. Thank you!

youtube.com/watch?v=nGLVjlOWdjY

It's a bit of a transition. You definitely need to clarify your question.

Back