new song on my page check it out!!!

Yo im about to be movin out to philly next year for school, whats the scene like there?

Like the beat, great sample. Vocals dont sit as well on the track as they could, cant exactly put my finger on what the issue is. Is that you spittin? Nice flow, rides the track good, i think the main thing im hearin is a quality difference between the vocals and the beat, like they dont fit together in sonic quality. Nice track though.

Liked that second beat to, dope sound.

thanks man yeah the philly scene iight kinda dangerous but oh well. its not me thats spittin its my youngbul. thanks for the feedback though.

yo whats good my dude first off I like the beat alot r whateva but the flow was aight r whateva ....... didnt really like it on the track seemed like it was written for a different beat might just be me...but overall the beat itself is hot great sample selection.........the othat beats his hot to if you eva need a rapper to kill somethin for you check me out man my artist page is the first one on my sig return the love

hey dude, thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciate it. Like your choice of samples, works really well. Your vox are good also. Anyway, thanks again for the feedback. Cheers.

realmusicceo said:
yo whats good my dude first off I like the beat alot r whateva but the flow was aight r whateva ....... didnt really like it on the track seemed like it was written for a different beat might just be me...but overall the beat itself is hot great sample selection.........the othat beats his hot to if you eva need a rapper to kill somethin for you check me out man my artist page is the first one on my sig return the love

yeah I am looking for artists to kill my beats so hit me up and yeah feel free to add me on yall myspace as well.

I'm laughing because you said I needed drum work. So do you. I am not saying that because you said it to me. What that probably means is that we have different tastes in drums. You have one change and the drums don't hit very hard. Plus it sounds like you don't have bass other than the sample in fact very little other instrumentation besides the sample, which is cool, but not for all songs. It's a smooth joint. I can tell you are using drum loops too. My advice would be to use them in combination with your own drums because the loops tend to sound flat by themselves.

I saw that response you sent to that other dude. You need to be more constructive. And don't say he needs to have a thick skin because the industry is harsh. You were new at some point and humility is a value that just needs to be had. You telling him that his beats suck doesn't help him. The best thing you said was that the synth arrangement "wasn't impressive." Say things that will help him make a better beat. That's not hating or anything else, that's just being real.

Last edited:
Let's Get Ours - It's alright, but repetitive.

U Keep Me Goin - It's alright if a bit repetitive. I don't know if it's still myspace doing this but the kick seems nonexistent and I'm not one to say bump up kicks because my mixing game is terrible. But it needs a little more bump to the drums.

Let's Get Ours - I think you need to do some compression on your drums but other than that it's a good track, albeit a little repetitive with the 2 bar loop in the verse.

Do You Remember - OK someone needs to sit you down and tell you it's ok to bump the kicks up a little bit.

2 The Sky - These drums a little better volume, although it still needs some more punch.

Business As Usual - This is actually my favorite track it sounds nice.

Overall:
Samples were nothing out of the usual and nothing I haven't heard flipped before, BUT everything has been flipped many times anymore.

Drums need work, not in the patterns but how you mix and eq them. Although to say someone is repetitive when you're flipping the same soul loops over and over again that another producer already worked to death is a little ironic, not getting into a sampling vs composed debate (because lord knows I actually like sampling) but try to learn a little theory and make some composed stuff so it flips your variety a little bit.

You spoke your mind though dude, why would I hate on that?

Last edited:
TheLetterL said:
I'm laughing because you said I needed drum work. So do you. I am not saying that because you said it to me. What that probably means is that we have different tastes in drums. You have one change and the drums don't hit very hard. Plus it sounds like you don't have bass other than the sample in fact very little other instrumentation besides the sample, which is cool, but not for all songs. It's a smooth joint. I can tell you are using drum loops too. My advice would be to use them in combination with your own drums because the loops tend to sound flat by themselves.

I saw that response you sent to that other dude. You need to be more constructive. And don't say he needs to have a thick skin because the industry is harsh. You were new at some point and humility is a value that just needs to be had. You telling him that his beats suck doesn't help him. The best thing you said was that the synth arrangement "wasn't impressive." Say things that will help him make a better beat. That's not hating or anything else, that's just being real.

i apoligize if i offended you or anything i didnt mean it its been a couple days without sleep. feel free to add the myspace and thanks for the feedback. im really a humble guy sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back