New Producer

S

Swirv

I am new to producing about 2 months into it, I've just been doing about everything I can everyday to get my feet wet, Any people interested in helping a fellow producer out?

-Swirv

Well I use Ableton as my DAW, and I use plugins for synths like massive, sylenth1, and FM8. But I really don't understand alot about mastering and processing.

Well I use Ableton as my DAW, and I use plugins for synths like massive, sylenth1, and FM8. But I really don't understand alot about mastering and processing.

forget about mastering for now..scratch it from your vocabulary. Learn how to mix. Im not gonna get into how here because its way to broad. But with mixing research youll learn how to process.. But first, do you know what processing is?

I've just read random threads and I haven't exactly wrapped my head around the concept. But what exactly do you mean by learn to mix first? what would you recommend looking up to understand mixing and learn mixing?

There's a mixer that allows you set the volume/panning of the individual tracks (drums, main layered melody, baseline, etc) so that the entire song sounds "well blended". you can also attach effects to each individual track (EQs, reverb, filters, etc). Mixing is a central part of producing a song.

Last edited:
Back