new producer ( help needed!!!)

juudagawd

JuuDa GAWD
new producer ( help needed!!!)
I'm a hip-hop artist from detroit and recently gotten interested in producing because I have a hard time finding the type of beats i would like to use so i figure why not make my own. My style is more alternative trap type (ex. QuEST - Lost Niggas prod. By 6ix) ,
My question is how do i make beats similar to this and is it to early for me to try for it.
DAW:Fl 10 producer edition.

Whatch tutorials on that style of music and just start practicing. Use edison in fl studio to load up a song in that style drag it in and try and copy the drum hits and stuff like that

Listening to the track, they seem to do a lot of sampling. Not necessarily sampling old stuff like many hiphop artists (and artists in other genres as well) like to do, but maybe even just recording a simple performance, slice it up and loop it just to get that sampled feeling (thinking about the dull piano).

You'll need to spend some time learning how to mix separate kick and bass elements, since they seem to stick to more regular kicks with a steady synthline of saturated subbass, than doing 808s.

However, I'd rather say this - just go with what you feel you want to produce and try not to limit yourself too much in wanting to sound like this or that artist.
Listen to a lot of music that you like, and analyze what's really in there.
Also, just watch a bunch of tutorials that you may get your hands on and learn different things you can do, not necessarily being related to a certain hiphop sound.

For more complex rhythms and variation take a look at Spectrasonics Stylus RMX. Its old but still brilliant!

Back