New Music: Drake - 5AM In Toronto

FeloneusSupremeProd

FP Official Threadkiller
I will start this off by saying as I have in the past that Drake should leave the tough guy act and weed alone and concentrate on the bigger picture. I think his big money will be made in movies later on. Now after listening to the song "5am in Toronto" I think he went in on this one.

1. Does he just have it swag, style and even lyrically?

2. The beat by Boi1da is cool but it ain't epic but I didn't think the Started from the bottom beat was all that either. Now everybody and their mama got a freestyle to started from the bottom. Will this beat get the same type of love and is it just emcees wanting to associate themselves with the Drake popularity?

3. He has changed the game...look at Future, Kid Ink and Kirko Bangz. Are they all not taking a cue from Drake?
Some clever lines...

You underestimated greatly
Most number 1's how long did it really take me
The part I love most is they need me more than they hate me
So they never take shots I got everybody on safety

Give these n***as a look the verse and even the hook
that's why every song sound like Drake featuring Drake

A couple albums dropped those are still on the shelf
I bet them sh!ts would of popped if I was willin to help

Last edited:
Garbage.....over hype. But it's more of them than me. Last of a dying breed. What Drake doesn't realize is that even though he has fake ass fans....those same fake ass fans would love to see a real nigga toss his ass off a stage.

Last edited:
Garbage.....over hype. But it's more of them than me. Last of a dying breed. What Drake doesn't realize is that even though he has fake ass fans....those same fake ass fans would love to see a real nigga toss his ass off a stage.

Right now he has the leverage of popularity. So a vet goes on the attack...Common and or Pusha T and it is automatically assumed they are looking to ride of Drakes coat tails/ success. His fans get butt hurt real easy I think. Look at MTV's top 10 emcee list and then the MF cryin like Kanye on how they should be higher on the list.

Does Drakes popularity automatically make every beat he is on dope? How else do you explain so many people doin freestyles to the tracks that he does?

Last edited:
I still say he needs to leave the tough-guy act alone. He can pull it off, but people know better... right? This is still Drake from DeGrassi. And what?... He's going to get more angry and violent as he gets older? As he makes more money and gets extra pampered? I'm not buying that!

He's right about a few things though.. I mean, he is a hot-AF rapper the past few years, so anything he jumps on does a lil better - That said, I was bothered by the fact he ended up on A$AP Rocky's first single...

So maybe Rice is right... people can go either way with Drake. He puts songs out - people like them. But if he suddenly disappeared, I think people would also like that.

I don't think he was acting hard on this one. And believe me I can't stand started from the bottom because everyone knows he started from about halfway up. But this song is where he's at his best. This is back to lust for life/The calm type rhymes. Obviously it's boastful rap and not everybody has liked drake from day one but I have and a lot of fans like that drake. And he never once said anything violent or gangsta on this song he just pointed out how he's taken over the game and he took a couple shots at a couple vets and a couple shots at a couple new guys. But can you blame him? People been takin sneak dissing shots at him for about 4 years.

Having said that he still don't want it with Common

Last edited:
Right now he has the leverage of popularity. So a vet goes on the attack...Common and or Pusha T and it is automatically assumed they are looking to ride of Drakes coat tails/ success. His fans get butt hurt real easy I think. Look at MTV's top 10 emcee list and then the MF cryin like Kanye on how they should be higher on the list.

Does Drakes popularity automatically make every beat he is on dope? How else do you explain so many people doin freestyles to the tracks that he does?

A bunch of phony ass rappers riding the wave just to get any kind of recognition. Because Drake touches his fans feminine side.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

I don't think he was acting hard on this one. And believe me I can't stand started from the bottom because everyone knows he started from about halfway up. But this song is where he's at his best. This is back to lust for life/The calm type rhymes. Obviously it's boastful rap and not everybody has liked drake from day one but I have and a lot of fans like that drake. And he never once said anything violent or gangsta on this song he just pointed out how he's taken over the game and he took a couple shots at a couple vets and a couple shots at a couple new guys. But can you blame him? People been takin sneak dissing shots at him for about 4 years.

Having said that he still don't want it with Common

99% of his fans wear high heels.

save it for you

99% of my fans....don't exist.

Last edited:
It's good to see drake stepped his bars up. Punches don't sound so generic. This beat isn't a strong choice to me tho. Can't get into it

I'm a big fan of this. I think Drake went pretty hard on it. You can definitely tell he is airing out some dirty laundry he has with some people.

Back