New MPC coming soon (NI Machine Competitor)

Buyin this on the first day it drops

Don't know if I'd do that. I think the software will be buggy as all hell upon initial release. I think I will wait and see how stable it is first, and then see how dedicated Akai is to fixing it's problems.

They shoudlve done this last year. I'm sure a big thing stopping some people from being only maschine is ur still tied to the computer. Now.. something u can truly use standalone and sync to ur sequencer when ur ready? Yeeah... that's right up my alley. If the software comes in vst version and can also host vsts... count me in. If not... ill wait.

this is hot, it will be a beast..! machine sales are about to get smashed..! and it drops right before tax return season..! been looking to get an mpc, and this is right up my alley..!

They shoudlve done this last year. I'm sure a big thing stopping some people from being only maschine is ur still tied to the computer. Now.. something u can truly use standalone and sync to ur sequencer when ur ready? Yeeah... that's right up my alley. If the software comes in vst version and can also host vsts... count me in. If not... ill wait.

This is gonna be quite exactly like the Maschine, it seems - just a controller for the software, with an audio/MIDI interface thrown in. Wouldn't be too excited yet, given Akai's somewhat lousy track record with their software.

Akai just abandoned all the MPC 5000 owners that are still waiting for an O.S. 3.0.

O.S. 2.0 has a long list of bugs that were never fixed, and now they are diving into computer software?!?!????

smdh...................

This is gonna be quite exactly like the Maschine, it seems - just a controller for the software, with an audio/MIDI interface thrown in. Wouldn't be too excited yet, given Akai's somewhat lousy track record with their software.

With no standalone functions... I must say I'd be "not" in lol.

It sure does look nice. But I agree in regards to their software issues... I have yet to get Note Repeat properly working for my MPD in any DAW. It's always way off beat, despite the proper settings.

Just like any software that comes there will be bugs but updates fix these problems so lets no assume anything yet. This is still a heads up on maschine in alot of ways like layering on one pad,time strech,more external midi use which is huge for ppl with great synths, and, sure they throw in patch phrase. The software does look similar to if the mpc ren can totally stand alone with out going back to my cpu to fix dam midi ghost notes, velocity like I do in,maschine ill be happy.

The Renaissance looks awesome, but it would be nice if it could be used as a standalone unit. It's nice not having to use a computer sometimes.

It's a controller bundled with the equivalent of the FLstudio browser/sequencer combo. Unless I'm missing something.

It looks but Akai software isn't always that great.

But we know Native Instruments is king of vst software so idk. I'd still rather get maschine even though I don't have a need for either of them. I'll stick to poise/shortcircuit and a midi keyboard.

If this was real hardware,

bpm_large_iso.jpg

I'd buy it. Look at that ****in screen for editing. Mmmmm.

Last edited:
Back