New keyboard controller :: Axiom or Impulse

eMOJO

Hey guys, first post here and I'm wanting to buy a new keyboard controller, I currently have an UltraNova and M-Audio Keystation but I'm getting a bit more serious about production and playing live and want to upgrade the Keystation.

The stuff I'm playing is more synth based with some triggers thrown in.

My setup is quite basic ATM (PT, Logic Pro and Albeton Live, Mainstage for live stuff) so I'm looking for something in a 49 or 61 key with nice feeling, semi-weighted (maybe), after-touch keys. Also looking for decent controls (knobs, faders, assignable buttons etc) and LCD screen to let me know what's going on... Pads will more than likely be used for triggering loops in Albeton but since I'm still quite new to all this, who knows...

The two boards I've been interest in are the M-Audio Axiom AIR and the Novation Impulse... I almost pulled the trigger on the Novation until I saw the Axiom AIR.

Does anyone on here have experience with either or both of these that could help shed some light on my decision as I can't seem to find a review comparing the two boards.

Cheers
Erren

Back