New idea for instrumental mix tapes?

Alejandro Beats

Ok my recent discussions with artists has really pissed me off not going to lie. I can't stand when some one goes I got 100 beats I don't need you no one wants to listen to just instrumentals you need me buddy.So I am like hmm that is a good point so im sitting down one day and im like ok I will just add big name artist acapellas to my tracks simple enough,but then I was like hmm that is not good enough I should do one better and strip underground acapellas from unknown artists and then let them find me if things get popular for credit lol. Fair is fair right?:p

They are acapellas floating.. but instead of just using acapellas straight, I would rechop them and maybe even combine several...
That's what I started doing with the one in my sig... but it's the very begining. I have yet to have enough pellas to create complete lyrics lol.

Although I wouldn't condone using peoples work without their permission let me say this....ideally what you want to do is contact a few unknowns who are worthy of promotion and mix them in with some established artists.

I went down that route Holland and they responded by asking me for $500 https://soundcloud.com/shadowrecon77/overcome-drake-ft-alejandro

That is a track I did a while back is this what you mean by mix?

What I mean by mix them in, is that you do a series of tracks featuring both known and unknown artists and you put them on the same compilation because it has more angles than just doing one or the other.

If some unknown cat's work is worth paying $500 for I would lay down the law and tell them they can have their $500 once their highly valuable skills have generated the money through sales, which shouldn't be a problem given how confident they are that they really are worth that much.

On the other hand if the person already has a sufficient enough following to warrant paying $500 I would try to pool together resources from the lesser know cat's in addition to putting them to work promoting the tape.

Last edited:
Ok my recent discussions with artists has really pissed me off not going to lie. I can't stand when some one goes I got 100 beats I don't need you no one wants to listen to just instrumentals you need me buddy.:p

You try approaching artist with songs? I bet 5-10 hot songs with ORIGINAL concepts, hooks/chorus/bridges/adlibs and content...[plug in a verse and play]...[ready to go].... will garner more intrest, sales and collabs than 1000 "beats".

Go ahead and remix the tracks you got and initiate that mixtape angle. See how well you can blend rnb/hiphop/dance ect.ect. Really showcase your abilities....don't hang your hat on it though.

Redo your presentation and step to artist with concepts/songs in the bag...so all they have to do is show up and rap/sing.

Creative, I already mess around with bigger artist acapellas and so do bunch of other dudes, but I've never heard that angle. Good luck getting quality pellas tho

Good places to look for acapellas for known and unknown artist:
Datpiff.com, hotnewhiphop.com and nois3.com

I got the swimming pool acapella (in my sig below from nois3.com)

You try approaching artist with songs? I bet 5-10 hot songs with ORIGINAL concepts, hooks/chorus/bridges/adlibs and content...[plug in a verse and play]...[ready to go].... will garner more intrest, sales and collabs than 1000 "beats".

Go ahead and remix the tracks you got and initiate that mixtape angle. See how well you can blend rnb/hiphop/dance ect.ect. Really showcase your abilities....don't hang your hat on it though.

Redo your presentation and step to artist with concepts/songs in the bag...so all they have to do is show up and rap/sing.

This is a great idea man. I am going to stop making so many "beats" and go in the direction of making full blown songs mixing different genres.It may take some more work,but in the end I think it can really pay off if done right.

Lol they told you that you need them? That's just another angle of the game, dont get played by it though, I wouldnt go that route. I would personally get some local cats to do this mixtape of yours, Tell them you have 2 beats you want to give them for a small price, the price isnt money though, the price is actually them rapping on one beat of yours with your vision. Or atleast with your guidance that way you can help shape it. In return, they get 2 beats and can do whatever the **** they want as long as it doesnt sell more then 25k in singles then they shouldnt have to give you anything. Make contracts. Never pay to have a rapper on your beats, if your having to pay people to rap on your beats then I think maybe your beats are straight garbage or your getting badly hustled. If they are garbage then step your shit up and push yourself hard. Anyways good luck.

Back