New Guy - Feedback for Acid Jazz/Electro track?

tonyp145

Hi folks, I've been lurking on this board for a couple of months I guess and appreciate the vibe here. I just finished a new tune yesterday and am looking for feedback. This song has an A section that's kind of acid jazzy and a B section that's more electro. I think the contrasting styles keeps the song fresh and interesting. I hope so anyway. Here's the tune:

---------- Post added 07-15-2013 at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-14-2013 at 10:00 AM ----------

Wow really? 24 hours and not a single comment? Is it such a lousy piece of crap that nobody knows where to begin to critique it? I spent about an hour yesterday listening to other people's tracks and doing my best to give thoughtful, constructive feedback. And I'll keep doing that because I really enjoyed hearing how others assemble their tracks. But I gotta say I'm disappointed nobody has bothered to return the favor :-(

At first listening i wasn't sure what to think of it to be honest. It's clean, neat and well-produced. Then i started thinking that I can see this as gaming music for like donkey kong Wii (specially the saxy thing) or something! Im would not really bumpin this on another level very often. Don't get me wrong: the whole production is tight as hell. So keep it up!
Check out my latest

I really like this track man, it's well produced and mixed. I really like the transition as well. The only thing I didint love was when the guitar and that synth were playing before the beat drops, the sounds just clash imo. The sunds you chose are great, are they recordings of you playing the instruments? Keep it up man! I really like it! It's a really different style composition but it's awesome man keep doing you no matter what anybody says or doesnt say! Keep it up man! I got a new beat as well, it's my first shot at an EDM beat. Check it out please, and let me know what you think about it! Thank you, I really appreciate it! https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-receive-feedback/electronic-dance-beat-f4f-100%25-conspicuous-vitality-448942/

hey man, I really like the ideas you're using here! The production is also super tight, pretty jealous haha. It's not particularly my thing in general, but you can tell a lot of work's gone into it, and I think the piece moves really well!

Last edited:
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback, that's really helpful, especially that bit about the guitar and synth fighting each other. I know my stuff is a little different, I listen to a lot of 90s trip hop plus BT, Thievery Corp, etc. I laid down the guitar parts on this track because it sounded like they would work here, but I wouldn't otherwise. I'm a better bass player than I am on guitar. Sometimes I play bass on my tracks but I used Trilian for the standup bass and used ANA for the synth bass in the B sections. That's not a bad little plug-in, it was cheap and it's easy to program some pretty cool sounds with it.

Anyway, thanks again and I'll be sure to check out your links when I get home tonight.

T

Back