New Computer, Small Problem...Help

901_Rice_Street

Rice AKA Clyde Drexler
I bought a computer online. Took it out the box, hooked everything up, cut the computer on, nothing is showing but I get to hear this wonderful tune playing inside the computer. Never heard it before. lol

The monitor light is on like it's working. The computer has 1 VGA, 1 DVI, 1 SVideo. No, I don't have a monitor to test the DVI input. I have this old plug and play monitor that I've been using before and it's hooked into the VGA. Is there any other way besides finding a monitor to plug inside the DVI? I tried elsewhere but feel I can get help here quicker. Thanks yall!

Last edited:
lol are you serious?

You could get a DVI adapter.

Its hard to say really what could be wrong it. But if it turns on its a good sign. Do you hear any beeps when you turn it on? whats the spec.

Last edited:
^^^the computer cuts on fine...no beeps. The screen just doesn't come on (in the vga port). It has a DVI. I was hoping for a solution that doesn't require trying a DVI adapter for right now. I read somewhere I could go into safe mode then go into vga mode (so I can see) and change the settings later.....but I can't go into safe mode:cry:. I'll leave it alone get the DVI adapter tomorrow. Can't wait!!! My last computer was a beat up laptop 795 mhz processor. I opened a demo of Izotope Nectar on a track.......my screen started breakdancing in slow motion even with the battery taken out. :rofl: Now I'm a little faster with an old core 2 duo joint with 1.9 ghz. Good enough to run my old shit I use faster (hopefully alot faster).

Back