New beat I made today, really need the feedback.

The vocal sample is decent, but the drums need some major work. The snare has a frequency hitting in an unappealing place, the drums are all mixed in different places and the drum sounds are really unprocessed and flat. Some tape sat, eq, and comp go a long way. The synths sound really cheesy as well, try bringing them up in the mix and dirtying them up with some tape sat and eq (common theme). As far as positives the composition is ok and the vocal sample is nice, if a bit repetitive. I hate to be so critical but it'll help, we all start somewhere. I can tell it'll get there.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...remix-prod-cratehead-f4f-463097/#post49725879

I agree, the vocal samples do sound great. You have an awesome concept here.. One thing that I would suggest would be to have more of a variety of percussion samples? Other than that, it's sounding good man! I'd love it if you could check out some of my stuff as well, my link is in my signature :) Best of luck man

Sorry it took so long to reply, but I appreciate the feedback. When you say Tape sat, what does that mean? I have also been trying to learn how to use the compressor, but I also need some tips for that as well. Would love to hear some tips from you.

Back