Neve Thought That Hip Hop Would Do A 180

Just Clauz

Back when there was no skinny jeans, iphone or males shaking they ass like woman, did you ever think that hiphop would turn around and become all it stood against?

I never thought that skinny jeans would be accepted, or for a rapper to call himself the princess and title his album "I'm Gay".

Not hating on new gen of rappers, im passed that "hip hop is dead" state, I just think its funny that it would become what it is today, cause I sure as sh*t didn't figure that lol.

Last edited:
That's not hip hop that's the radio. Us real hip-hoppers are underground and independent.

If you want real hip hop look on sites like soundcloud and you will find it. We don't wear skinny jeans ( well i don't anyway )

I think skinny jeans are the shit (no hipster here).

But what about Princess and album title "I'm Gay"?

LMFAO that's hilarious, is that for real though?

Hip Hop has always showcased "trends"in one way or another...

Those examples you shared just happen to be whats currently "in".

Baggy pants originally weren't about fashion, in fact it was a sure sign your ghetto ass was broke because you were wearing your big brothers old pants.

Hip hop shares more in common with punk rock than anyone wants to admit because the sound was built from what you had access to at the time, the look was what you wore every day. As things caught on these things became fashion, but they never were to start with.

BTW look at Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five

Grandmaster_Flash_and_The_Furious_Five_-_Greatest_Messages.jpg

Seems to me they are wearing some pretty tight jeans, and they were at the front of this thing we call hip hop.

LMFAO!!!!!! SMDH!!!!!! Face Palming!!!!!!

wiz-tights.jpg

Attachments

• wiz-tights.jpg
    wiz-tights.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 127

wiz-tights.jpg

rofl, where did you find this lol.

i rock skinny jeans though. i remember when baggy was in, and i was laughing at niggas that wore skinny jeans before they were popular.
baggy might be back in another 10 years, just part of the cycle.

I think it will take one more step backwards and the next fashion trend in hip hop is flares and hip hugger jeans...possibly at the same time.

I seen it on a facebook timeline lastnight I was laughing because the girl who posted it was blasting wiz for wearing tights LMAO

I think skinny jeans are the shit (no hipster here).

But what about Princess and album title "I'm Gay"?

LMFAO that's hilarious, is that for real though?

Hey man if you rock skinny jeans thats ariight, whatever fits you.

And yeah, go search up Lil B, you find some real metrosexual shit right there.

​It was time for a new direction.

Yeah, but maybe the direction was too extreme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Baggy pants originally weren't about fashion, in fact it was a sure sign your ghetto ass was broke because you were wearing your big brothers old pants.

Hip hop shares more in common with punk rock than anyone wants to admit because the sound was built from what you had access to at the time, the look was what you wore every day. As things caught on these things became fashion, but they never were to start with.

BTW look at Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five

View attachment 41249

Seems to me they are wearing some pretty tight jeans, and they were at the front of this thing we call hip hop.

Flash and them patterned their stage show and look after George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic. They wanted to separate themselves from what the average public was wearing so that they could seem like larger than life figures. That's why Run DMC adopted their look. As much as they respected Bronx rappers, they couldnt understand what was up with the clothes. Baggy pants were defintely a fashion statement. Wearing a 32 waist jean instead of a 36 inch waist costs the same amount of money. Hip Hoppers were rebelling against that tight rigid tight jean look back in the 80''s that was so popular with the designer jeans. Ever hear of Cross Colours? Check out videos and pictures from the past. Those were new jeans rappers were wearing. They weren't big brother's pants(lol). The rappers may have grown up poor but even they could afford a few pair of new jeans.

Last edited:

Ah well come on man Lil B is just a joke man, I don't think it's to be taken seriously.

Ah well come on man Lil B is just a joke man, I don't think it's to be taken seriously.

Lil B is great entertainment. I listen to that Black Flames mixtape just for laughs. He's got the worst flow possible but I'm entertained by the subject matter. He'll pop a few mollys, sniff a line or two and then go wherever his mind and the drugs take him remaining offbeat throughout each song. It's funny as hell to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BmswQv5qCo

Last edited:
Flash and them patterned their stage show and look after George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic. They wanted to separate themselves from what the average public was wearing so that they could seem like larger than life figures. That's why Run DMC adopted their look. As much as they respected Bronx rappers, they couldnt understand what was up with the clothes. Baggy pants were defintely a fashion statement. Wearing a 32 waist jean instead of a 36 inch waist costs the same amount of money. Hip Hoppers were rebelling against that tight rigid tight jean look back in the 80''s that was so popular with the designer jeans. Ever hear of Cross Colours? Check out videos and pictures from the past. Those were new jeans rappers were wearing. They weren't big brother's pants(lol). The rappers may have grown up poor but even they could afford a few pair of new jeans.

Lived through it so don't need to check any vids.

lol @ the thread starter thinking hip hop would never change.
its been almost 40 years, did you think that it would only change a little???
especially at the rate the world is changing constantly with this digital era.
skinny jeans and people doing the nae nae is nothing new under the sun.
i've seen old soul train videos. tight clothes and "feminine" looking dances have been around for decades.
as for lil b and gay trends becoming more popular.......... well that comes with the demand for gay acceptance and gay rights.
dont be suprised if in another 40 years, gay hip hop is on the radio, and everybody bumpin dat shit in the whip like its nothing lol.
shit, maybe even 10 years or less......

lol was that pun intended???

whats wrong with metrosexual shit though?? hes still fuccking bitcches and has a monster fanbase thats loyal as fucck with everything he puts out.
he has a cult like fanbase, but most of the gay shit he does is solely shock value.

Yeah, but maybe the direction was too extreme.

"too extreme" you say???
whats "too extreme" in 2014???
i can see if this was the 1920's or some shit.
but its fuccking 2014, nothings too extreme.

Lil B is great entertainment. I listen to that Black Flames mixtape just for laughs. He's got the worst flow possible but I'm entertained by the subject matter. He'll pop a few mollys, sniff a line or two and then go wherever his mind and the drugs take him remaining offbeat throughout each song. It's funny as hell to me.

Bro I was watching a vid earlier today and literally spit up on my computer cause he said he looked like the queen of England.

wiz-tights.jpg
image1xl_3.jpg

Lol now "thats the shit, I DON'T L;IKE"
Z

I've have no problem with skinny jeans, like the ones in pic i posted. But now what some call skinny's are actually tights! It actually looks like guys are walking around out there in there sisters jean tights.What the ****!, i mean the other day i saw a 'gansta wearing Jean tights and a short tee the jeans gripped his buttocks so tightly had i been near him i would have Slapped him instantly!,,In the face that is!

Attachments

• image1xl_4.jpg
    image1xl_4.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Back