Need tips on ripping vinyl

BrownWonda

indians love hip-hop.
Should I run my 1200 thru the mixer into my interface and then into my computer? or shud i bypass the mixer and have it straight into the interface?
Or would a better option be getting a usb turntable?
I wanna get atleast cdq from my records. Are there any good programs I can use to do this?

I believe you are going to have to run it through the stanton and then to your interface, because the phono output from the 1200's needs to be bumped up to line level to go into your interface. Otherwise it's going to be super quiet.

Really any audio editor can record your samples: Audacity, Soundforge, Adobe Audition, any major DAW...

What carts are you using? Your needle has a big impact on sound quality as well, and certain carts color the sound a little bit. Any higher quality cart should work fine, but be careful of the cheap stuff. Also, using the EQ on your stanton mixer to get the sample as close to how you want it to sound before recording is a good idea.

Last edited:
stanton 890 sa
i was told its good quality for recording,
i also got the Stanton TII-RS, but iv been using those for scratching

I wouldn't totally agree with the turntables.
Hifi-Freaks swear on belt driven tts because the platter is going "rounder". And the signal would be the direct electrical signal from the system through the tonearm to the outport cable. In the tt itself is no more technic that influences the signal = quality (this why the tt is producing sound when its turned off).
Better use Hifi-Systems or "techno"-systems as they have better sound than scratching-needles.

Back