Need some midi help.

The DAWS i use are FL studio 10 and reason 5. I use a microkorg as a midi controller, and a m-audio midisport uno for the interface.

With FL, it works fine, pitch wheels and keys. But it has this annoying problem, when trying to play keys, a note i'm nowhere near hitting randomly happens, and gets stuck playing, i have to hit the stop button in the DAW to stop it. Also how do i make to modulation wheel do anything? The vst's seem to not associate it.

With reason, i'm new to it. I set up my midi controller during installation, and it works.. kinda. It seems to respond to the demo song's instruments except the pitch wheel. When i'm in a new document, and i pick an instrument, play keys and there is no sound. A light flashes, but nothing else happens. So how can i use the keys and pitch wheel?

Hi Vin,

If the controller works ok in FL, it should work fine with Reason too. If there is a light flashing as you hit your controllers keys, it indicates that Reason is receiving midi data. Make sure the track is "Armed" or "Record Enabled".

With the Mod wheel, you might need to physically assign something, like the LFO modulating the Filter Cutoff, to the Mod wheel...

Not too sure about the pitch wheel.. Maybe something in the settings will fix it up?

Can you "slave" Reason to FL? This way, you can use the instruments in Reason as VSTi's in FL..

Back